Part 22

Hi! I'm alive, woo! Sorry this took so long but life has been a rollercoaster. Enjoy :)

I made my way back towards the bedroom, hoping that the conversation between J and I would go well. Once I got to the door, I stood there for a moment just listening. There wasn't any sound coming from the other side of the door so I slowly opened it. I peaked inside to see J sitting on the bed looking at his phone. I could hear the shower running, so I assumed that was where Harley was. J looked up when he heard the door open and smiled when he saw it was me.

"Hey princess, Harley was going to go find you once she was done showering."

He opened his arms for me to climb into. I quickly made my way across the room and climbed onto the bed to nestle into J's arms. I let out a sigh. God, I really was a cuddle whore.

"I came by earlier but you and Harley seemed to be having a pretty intense fucking session so I didn't want to interrupt," I replied, teasing.

He chuckled, "You should have joined."

"Mm tempting, maybe next time."

It was silent for a minute while I worked up the courage to broach the subject of the Gotham PD.

"So have you seen the news recently?" I asked.

He turned his face towards me and narrowed his eyes.

"No... something you want to share?"

"Um... well there's good news and bad news," I hedged, not quite ready to come out with it.

"Good news then."

"Comissioner Gordan is reported to be retiring at some point this next year and gets to appoint his successor. He's apparently not keen on anyone."

"What's the catch?" he replied immediately.

J knew that nothing good ever happens for free. It's just not how things worked. I sighed,

"The article released about Gordan's retirement has apparently made the PD nervous and they want to prove that they will still be capable once Gordan leaves."

"and?"

"Frost called me earlier saying that one of his informants thinks that they'll start investigations into things that up until now they've left alone... like the clubs. Everyone knows you own them and what they're used for even if it's not on paper."

"Why did he call you about that?" he asked suspisciously.

"Well, he figured I would probably know more about what would need to be done since I worked in the clubs. I'd know more about the day to day operations of them and how they're run. We both were thinking it could be beneficial for me to head a plan for making sure the clubs can't be touched."

I waited for the immediate no but was surprised with just silence. I peaked up at J to see that he looked like he was thinking. After a couple minutes we heard the water turn off in the bathroom. That seemed to pull J out of his thoughts. He looked down at me and smiled slightly. Harley walked out of the bathroom wrapped in a towel. She saw me and looked excited till she sensed the apprehension in the room. She frowned,

"Is everything okay?"

I shrugged, not knowing what was going through J's head. Harley cast another look between the two of us before nodding uncertainly. She made he way to the closet to put some clothes on. J sighed before he finally spoke,

"Okay but on one condition."

"What condition?" I asked surprised.

"Frost goes with you when you go to the clubs and Harley helps you."