Part 15

Harley and I talked for a while till we heard J stir in the other room. We quieted as we listened to his footsteps amble towards the door. After a moment his head poked into the room. Once he saw us, he leaned against the doorway.

"You left me all by myself," he pouted.

Harley and I both laughed at his comment. He scowled at us but walked towards the window seat where we were sitting.

" What are you two doing up anyway? You always seem to wander away in the mornings." 

He directed the question mostly at me since I do have a tendency to wake up before everyone. I shrugged,

"Guess I'm an unintentional early riser."

Harley and J both rolled their eyes at me, finding my statement ludicrous. 

"Well whatever the reason, that's enough chatting. Doll, I want you to find something else to do today. You need to leave Blaire alone," J said.

"But-" Harley protested.

J grabbed her hair at the back of her head and tugged slightly in warning.

"But nothing. Blaire is still in trouble meaning you can't be with her all day." 

I hung my head. I had forgotten that this was technically a punishment. J walked towards me when he saw me looking at my lap.

"Your making up for it though princess. That's the important part."

I nodded and looked at Harley,

"Go. I'll be fine, plus you could go online shopping with Daddy's credit card," I said in a mock whisper. 

Before I could say anything else, Harley was running to J's wallet. She swiftly pulled out the card and booked it towards the door.

" You'll never catch me!" I heard her yell from the hallway.

J had attempted to grab her before she made it out the door but missed her arm by a few inches. He shook in head after her then glared at me. I blinked at him innocently, pretending I had no clue. 

"Don't play innocent. Go stand in time out" he said sternly. "Neither of you asked to use my card, you just took it. That's naughty and I'll deal with Harley later for it."

I pouted, "It was a joke!"

"I doubt that," he deadpanned. "Now go stand in the corner before I add time to your time out."

I slumped but made my way to the corner. I faced the wall while frowning. This wasn't fair I didn't do anything. I felt my emotions bubble up inside me making me feel like I was going to explode. The stress and weight of all the revelations that I was coming to about myself were taking their toll. I felt myself letting go of all my other thoughts and focusing on the current situation like a disgruntled child. Letting my anger boil over, I swirled around to face J again.

"I didn't even do anything!" I yelled, stomping my foot for emphasis.

J looked at me, surprised for a moment. His face quickly went back to the stern expression he had worn before. He took a step towards me,

"Princess..." he warned.

"No, this isn't fair. I made a joke, it's not my fault Harley decided to take the card. Go punish her!" I yelled again.

"I plan to," he growled, "but apparently I have to deal with a naughty princess first."

He started making his way towards me with purpose. My eyes widened, realizing my mistake. However, I was still gripped by my emotions and not logic. Not wanting to get in trouble, I darted out of the playroom. I quickly scrambled under the king sized bed in the bedroom, thanking my flexibility from dancing. I was able to wiggle myself so I was under the center of the bed. I heard J make his way back into the room.