Part 12

Here is a lot of feels with a sprinkle of action!

I immediately settled myself against the comfy pillows on the window seat, setting the book on my knees. I wasn't going to spend too much time thinking about my 'homework' since I already knew the answer to the question. I didn't like being more dependent because I saw it as weak. I'd been on my own pretty much since the time I could operate a microwave while standing on a step stool. I didn't like needing someone in such a raw way. I also didn't like that I was going to have to look at J and admit that. I pulled a face. It was ironic that I was seeking comfort from the big bad Joker of Gotham.

I opened the book in my lap to the table of contents to scan the chapter list. My eyes skipped over most of the sections that went over the basics of BDSM since I was already familiar with them. My eyes stopped at the chapters that went into more depth about the subcategories of d/s dynamics. I was going to avoid the chapter on a Master/Slave dynamic. That was not something any of us were interested in. I knew enough to know that. I skimmed through the chapter on a Master/Pet dynamic, finding it interesting. I thought the freedom that came along with being the sub in that kind of relationship would be nice. While the sub's goal was still to make their Master happy, it seemed as though the Master enjoyed making sure their pet was happy just as much. It didn't fit me personally but it still seemed intriguing.

After that, my eyes landed on the chapter for a Caregiver/Little dynamic. I skimmed a few pages before stopping, knowing that this was a chapter I wanted to read thoroughly. My eyes devoured the words on the pages. I stopped a few times throughout the chapter to try and wrap my head around what I was reading. I looked around the room again. This all fit; the rules, the room I was in, calling J Daddy... Holy shit the Joker was a caregiver. I think my mind short circuited because I started hysterically laughing in a display that I thought could have rivaled J's. The book almost slipped to the floor before I caught it, reining myself in.

I continued to read through the chapter till I got to the end. Then I read it again. After the second go through, I shut the book. I sat on the window seat a little longer, just staring out the window. So Harley and I were littles but I was littler than her? That's what everyone seemed to think anyway. It made sense when I thought about it I guess. The chapter had stated that every Caregiver/Little relationship had a different level of power exchange. It also stated that each Little has different child-like tendencies that could be associated with different age groups. So the tendencies I must display were part of a younger age group.

I thought about my time here. I did defer to Harley, even after I got comfortable. I had always admired her and when I started living here, that only increased. She was smart, funny, and easy to talk to. I did kind of treat her like a big sister but only in front of our close friends. So that's why only Frost and Harley really called me the baby, because I only acted like that in front of them. My mind seemed to be rapidly putting together a puzzle out of all these things I thought were unrelated. All these little quirks and the way I acted making it more obvious. I got off the window seat and placed the book back on the shelf.

I walked through the door towards the bathroom. I splashed some cold water on my face before staring at myself in the mirror. I looked small standing there with no makeup on, in an over sized t-shirt. I studied myself for a moment more before I walked out of the bathroom. I made my way to the bedroom door to look out the peephole. I wasn't one hundred percent sure why it was there but I guess J didn't want to open the door every time someone knocked. I saw someone standing on the opposite side of the door looking bored. It seemed J had stationed one of the men on the outside of the room to make sure I didn't try to sneak out. I sighed before knocking on the door. I waited a minute and when the door didn't budge I yelled through the door.