Part 20

I want to thank JackJokerArthur for helping inspire this chapter! This is a longer chapter but hopefully it's a good one. Thank you all so much for reading, enjoy!

It had been a week since the incident at the docks. I could tell that even though we had 'moved past it' it was still heavily affecting all of us. Harley had been more defensive this past week, while J seemed to get more stressed by the day. The bruises they both had didn't help anyone with forgetting what had happened. It was a constant reminder every time we saw them.

Personally, I was actually doing okay. With everything being kind of awkward, I had had a lot of time to myself to just think and compartmentalize what was going on with me. It was nice to come to terms with a lot of things about myself. My attitude at the moment was to just go with it. The people here accepted me for me and for once, they accepted EVERY part of me. I had moved back to my room after the incident so everyone could have space. I had taken the paci and some of the coloring books that were in the playroom with me. And of course Chocolate came too.

I ordered a couple more things online, just to test some things out. It was fun to look through everything and see what was out there. I was relieved to see that it wasn't all pink and frills. That just wasn't my style. I had been casually browsing the whole week but it wasn't till now that I found something that really caught my eye. 

I was sick of walking on eggshells and pretending we had actually gotten past things when it was obvious we hadn't. We needed something to bring us back together and I was going to think of something goddamn it. I wanted to show J that Harley and I cherished the relationship we all had. That included how appreciative we were of what J did for us on a daily basis. From the outside, all people saw was us submitting to a psycho who had us fullfill his every whim. In reality, it was so far from the truth.

Yes, we submitted to J, but we did it because we knew he had our best interests in mind. He didn't dominate us just to boost his ego. He did it so that we were free to explore ourselves and learn. Too bad no one saw that and I think that was part of the problem. No one saw what he truly went through for us. That was bullshit in my opinion. However, I couldn't change that, but I could make sure he knew that we saw it. God, I was getting sentimental. 

Sitting on my bed, I scrolled through a kink blog site. I wasn't really reading anything in particular, I had just wanted something to do. Since it was a kink site, it had categories of articles that catered to all different types of dynamics. There was a pretty wide array of things. I stopped when I saw an article about the responsibilities of each partner in a D/s dynamic. I skimmed the article, taking in what it said. Aftercare was mentioned very frequently and the importance of it.

We made sure to do aftercare when intense scenes were done, I knew that. The more I thought about it though, the more I realized that J was the one giving aftercare to us. Were we giving him acceptable aftercare? I sat back and really thought about it. He always seemed fine after scenes and I would check in but I knew we could do more. I felt an intense rush of guilt go through me. J might be the dominant, but that came with a lot of expectations. On top of that, his business wasn't exactly stress free... Harley and I needed to do something. Nothing too big, he'd hate that but something to show we were here for him too.

I stood up with determination to go talk to Harley. We needed to iron out this whole situation that was weighing on everyone. I knocked on her door waiting for her to open it. After a couple seconds the door swung open revealing a tired looking Harley. I raised my eyebrows at her appearance,

"What the fuck happened to you?" I mused.

She pulled a face, "Oh shut up Blaire. I've just been having a hard time sleeping."