Life Advice because I'll be 20 this year

yEET!

I'm old.
I'm not twenty yet but in eleven months I would be :/
And I've been through shit just like everyone else.
I've made mistakes. I've regretted doing things I should or should not have done. I have lived life. Maybe a little less than some people but I have.

It's less giving life advice to others more giving life advice to myself tbh.
But feel free to imply it in your life if you think it applies to you too.

1. STOP LIVING FOR OTHERS
Stop trying to fulfil others' dreams and try finding yours (still a work in progress). It's your life that YOU have to live. Don't sacrifice yourself like that. Live a life of no regrets.

2. EXPLORE THE WORLD A LITTLE MORE
Don't stay cooped up in one corner of your house. It's more destructive than you think. You might find temporary comfort in that but in long term, it's going to cause more bad than good.

3. SPEAK UP ABOUT WHAT YOU LIKE AND WHAT YOU DON'T
Other people aren't psychics!! They won't know until you tell 😭

4. START SAVING MONEY AS EARLY AS YOU CAN
Everyone loves financial stability. Start by saving a portion of your allowance. Just...save a little

5. DON'T LET OTHER'S OPINIONS GUIDE WHAT YOU WANT TO DO WHEN IT COMES TO STUDIES
PLEASE pick a stream that you GENUINELY LIKE. Don't be like me and just choose something because your parents said so. Fight for it. They will give up.

If you end up with things you're not passionate about you're going to lose interest in things you once used to love. I lost my love for reading, writing, dancing. I lost my love for my guitar. It sits in a corner of my room but whenever I look at it I only feel regret.

6. CHOSE YOUR FRIENDS WISELY
Quality over quantity besties. A close-knit group of people you can trust.

7. TRYING TO FIT IN AMONG THE "COOL KIDS" MIGHT NOT BE A GREAT IDEA.
Trust me those friends groups are the most toxic of them all. Everyone is talking trash behind everyone's backs. You don't want to be a part of that.

8. YOUR PHONE MIGHT ACTUALLY BE THE PROBLEM
There are VERYYYYY few people left among us that aren't addicted to their phones these days. Your phone's a small device that places an infinite amount of data right on the palm of your hands. Your phone is the biggest reason for your short attention span. Throw it away the moment you get the chance. Try spending less time on it.

I, myself, am still working on that. It is hard but I'm trying.

9. BE A LITTLE EASY ON YOURSELF
We're going through a global pandemic rn. Things aren't the same as they used to be. So if you think you've changed a bit physically, habitually or mentally, don't beat yourself up too much.

10. IT'S OKAY TO CRY LOL
Never be afraid to cry. I always say it whenever my friends are sad, holding shit in is neither good for your heart nor your intestines. You might not want to cry in front of people, cry in your room then, or your bathroom. Just cry.

11. IT'S ALSO MORE THAN OKAY TO NOT KNOW THINGS
Listen you arent google dot come neither are you an encyclopedia who should know EVERYTHING in the world. For example, I didn't even know that B. Tech is an Engineering degree till today. But now I know. It wasn't the end of the world, was it?

12. HARD WORK IS ALWAYS THE KEY
After the tenth standard, I don't think it matters how smart you are or how much innate talent you have. If you don't work hard, you aren't going anywhere. I've seen the best of minds breakdown after tenth because they lazed off thinking they'd pass through just like before.

13. IT'D BE NICE IF YOU PAID ATTENTION TO YOUR HEALTH A LITTLE MORE TOO!
As I said, we're in the middle of a pandemic. Everyone is slowly becoming a homebody and gaining weight the wrong kind of way. Now I'm not saying you shouldn't gain weight or gaining weight is bad or being fat means being unhealthy. As someone who weighs 85 kilos (or maybe more), I would be the last person to tell you that. It's just that when you're idling around more than usual like in our current situation, more bad fats build-up than good ones. So eat healthily, exercise a little and just take care of yourself.

Also, try avoiding junk and packaged food for a while and half your body problems would be relieved in under two weeks.

14. YOUR PARENTS AREN'T THAT BAD.
Surprising isn't it? I know there are bad parents around the world and I genuinely wish none of you guys who are reading has ever experienced that, but for the luckier ones among us, we don't appreciate our parents enough.
Now, know that there is a big gap of an entire generation between you and your parents. They're still trying their best and all they want is what's best for you. But sometimes you might have to guide them through a little.
There would be misunderstandings and there would be differences but don't hold it against them.
Put your point in front of them clearly and put forward reasons why you think it's good for you.
I'm sure they'll hear you. It might take some time though so be patient.

So yeah! These were the things that I learned in these two and continuing years of the pandemic. I think mentally I improved a lot during these times (before it all came crashing down now that I have to go back to the damn coaching again.) I had a whole enemies to lovers arc with myself and my mom. I started working out which actually felt kinda good ngl. NEET didn't turn out well but again, it wasn't the end of the world. Even though I have to hear my mom going "I never thought your rank would be in lakhs." every two seconds now.

It's true that I still feel trapped and tired and I'm always three seconds away from a breakdown, but I think I'll be okay.

Just My Thoughtsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें