Reminiscence "3"

The following days passed with bell  exploring outside the temple .To his demise ,   except for the little garden on the temple  side with  , there was  only a vast  baren scorched land , wherever he looked Lava rivers cut  through valleys or volcanoes  erupted , it reminded him with  the wyverns den in the upper floors , but this was  dead land.

:" there are no living beeings on this floor save for the two of us " the phoenix spoke through his mind again.

Bell noticed that his companion was always around him , he couldn't see or sense her location but she was there with him in every moment ,"I wanted to ask , how can you speak inside my mind like this?" Bell wondered.

"Oh that , well it was an accident ,but now we are stuck together for now , at least until I recover all the power I ve lost " the phoenix replied :" you should feel honored young adventurer , not many people gets the opportunity to get bond with a spirit " her voice was more dignified .

" eheheh , I guess I am luck then " bell said.

With nothing to do outside for now , he decided to train his body ,then look for anything useful to help him return to the upper floors. He managed to stumble upon some old artifacts and armor left by old adventurers who arrived here before , he was very surprised because they left a letter near bye ," Dear fellow adventurer , we , except for a certain mood killer grey hair woman ,want to congratula..qdc sorry about that mistake , anyway congratulate you for this achievement , by reaching this place you have proven that you are one of the strongest adventurers in the world and not just in Orario , the journey deep ahead is even harder , however we know that you ll manage to go further beyond and become legends , because that's what it means to be an andventurer. We will leave some gifts for you here , its not much but we believe it would come in hand one day.....

Ah one last thing , this maybe weird but I just wanted to say to my unborn (son/daughter) I love you .

Zues and Hera familias "

Warm Tears run like a river on bell cheeks as he read the last note, he was grateful at first for those who had left some equipment for other fellow adventurers , however the last message was probably from his father. He Finally managed to catch up to the heroes he always admired. Happiness , relief , sadness filled bell's heart. The phoenix spirit kept silence as she waited for the kid to calm down.

" I didn't know those people were that important to you " with almost emotionless voice

" I didn't know that  , until just a week ago I learned that my father was one of them " with  tears still in his eyes bell forced a smile

The phoenix was silent for a while  thinking about something , " the reason they never returned " she didn't finish her words as bell cut :" they died,... fighting the black dragon"

"ah ,i see ... I am sorry "she replied , with a supportive voice.

After that bell kept searching in the items , everything there was top quality , as he has lost his armor and all his weapon save for Hestia knife , he made his choice on picking the black leather jacket with scales , it was obviously made from monster skin. The scales were very sturdy even when he run his knifed on them, a black trouser , a pair of gloves and enchanted boots for speed and a cloak with a symbol of a spear surrounded by lightning bolts, he realized it was Zues familia emblem and he was very happy and proud to wear it. It was also enchanted but bell didn't know what was it  used for .

" whats the plan now  ?" the phoenix asked seeing that the kid was motivated now.

"I am going back up " bell replied with confident tone.

" oh , i dont think that would be possible , not with your current strength " she said sarcastically , as if she was mocking his ignorance , " what do you mean " curious about what she meant he followed her instructions , the journey through the area wasn't that comfortable however the armor and cloak prove their usefulness as he barely felt the heat outside.

Finally when he neared the edge of the floor he saw a massive stone gate, it was large enough for a goliath to pass by it ," what is this door for ?" he thought loudly

" you already know that , go try to open it " the phoenix said

Bell approached the giant stone door ,he could feel a heavy pressure falling on him with every step forward , something was on the other side , something terrifying and he could feel it just from the side , he gulped , and put his hands on each side of the gate and tried to push it , summoning every bit of strength he had , the door did only vibrate for a centimeter and then returned to its place

"the first test is to open this door , if you cant open it , then you have no chance to win against what's waiting ahead , and even if you could , this monster on the other side was meant to be fought against by a large group , its nearly impossible to beat it " the phoenix declared

" then how did I managed to reach here ?" bell wondered

" fufu , that was my power , I dug a whole in the ceiling up until I reached you !" she was happy bragging about her strength

Bell disappointed expressions returned lively :" then ! can you get me out of here ?" he almost jumped

Silence ..... " phoenix-san ?" bell asked ,

"well .... , you see , brining you here drained everything I had been saving and ...... you know ..... my strength is no different than yours at this point " the phoenix admitted hardly

"eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh" a scream so loud echoed through the floor