A delayed Return

Bell removed the black eyepatch and closed his eyes to rest on a narrow edge high in the dungeon wall, despite spending most of the last two years in the Real dungeon he only managed to beat the first guardian which was a huge ice giant but he didn't really spend much time on the following floor , he fought restlessly for many days , got beaten and reached death doors many times yet the phoenix spirit was always there to heal him , He knew that he would would've died many times if he didn't had a contract with her and as a result of relying on her power for that much of time , his body started changing. Starting from his eyes which lost the ruby iris . His white sclera was replaced with orange glowing color , the black pupil became a crimson red glowing like a flame was burning in it .His new eyes gave him a different vision ,Faenur explained that it was elemental vision that the spirits used to perceive the world around them , She told him that it was a result of using too much of her power and if he rested his eyes for enough time they will return to normal color , which is why bell was covering them with black eyepatch most of the time .It took him a while to adapt to the new vision but once he did , his body became more swift and he felt a higher control over it than ever.

His eyes weren't the only thing that changed , bell noticed that any type of flames rich in mana like the one in floor 70 could make him recover his strength and heal his injuries to some extent. Fae told him that it was also the fire affinity of the phoenix species that makes them untouchable in areas with high temperatures.

Its been 2 years since that incident and only 3 weeks since he managed to defeat the Hydra guarding the 69 floor.The fight was really difficult for bell as he made several attempts against the monster and each time he went out with deep injuries. Nevertheless his attempts weren't futile as the injuries decreased after each try while the Hydra started loosing its heads . when he wasn't fighting it bell was resting in either the Phoenix temple or a lava pool which to his surprise became his favorite resting spot as the phoenix advised him to try it out since it was made from her power that fused with the dungeon floor. In his first attempt he was very scared to get burned to death but after Faenur reassured him and few trials by putting fingers he found out that it was not that dangerous he just felt it was like getting inside a very hot spring .

Finally after bell defeated the hydra he set his feet back into the dungeon he knew , He reached level 8 by doing that .With that in count and his contract with the phoenix , his perception changed a lot towards the dungeon . His fighting style also adapted of being always overwhelmed by stronger opponents and his Hestia knife became a sword after he reached level 7 to his surprise .He couldn't perceive his stats like he used to but Faenur kept tracking them , albeit not accurately but she managed to give him details about any new skills or magic he gained like his two new magic spells thunder fall and Heaven's wrath which were both lightning type magic with long casting incantations.

As for fire magic he no longer needed incantation , as he could  control it to his will just by few thoughts . Gaining Higher spirit healing was just a matter of time for him like Faenur said but what made him really happy was that his Argonaut skill and the skill that put his life on the line merged together into one stronger ability " Eklektos " which gave him a 5 minute buff duration where his stats broke 2 levels above what he was and all his skills and ability gained a buff depending on the stats he had . Bell didn't tried the skill , because he relied on his blood inheritance ability to defeat the hydra and that left him with a huge backlash on the floor , So he decided against trying the evolved type of it for a while , at least until he was in a real dangerous situation .

" a lot had happened huh " he spoke to himself while also hoping his companion would reply to him , she became less talkative ever since he left the floor 70 . He tried making a conversation with her in order to ask her about the reason but she always dodged his questions , now he was left all alone in the dungeon ,he wasn't in any real danger , but beeing left alone , was a feeling he didn't really appreciate.

Bell also found weird anomalies in the deeper dungeon floors , something or rather someone was tempering with the dungeon monsters which reminded him of the Monster that almost killed him years ago ,in his search he found out many weird monsters , which didn't belong to the dungeon , they came out of egg like stones ,and Faenur noticed that they all shared some spirit magic within them , that was one of the reason she kept silence while bell was searching for the reason behind these monsters.

He sighed again , as he closed his eyes , his happy return to his familia would have to wait for a while until he find who ever was behind these monsters

In just few moments he was asleep , yet his senses were always projected around him in case anything attacked him , he was in the 32 nd floor .

Deeper in the dungeon , inside a huge colosseum like area an army of monsters gathered surrounding It ,if bell was here he would ve recognized the Area very well , it was the place he and a certain elf wondered into while being hunted by the Juggernaut.  Now , what was an endless battlefield of monsters became a camp for an army of the new species bell  stumbled uppon, in the middle of the platform a masked man stood , looking at his creatures that surrounded every corner of the collosseum  , the man managed to avoid the attention of many adventurers for man years now until he gathered this army yet now a certain unknow person was messing with his plans he bitted his thumb as he thought of who might behind it but he couldn't find anyone resembling the perpetrator , 4 figures approached him from behind , he managed to create more of his favorite aides in the last 2 years and he was proud of himself, yet now he was really pissed by these unexpected attacks

The first of the four spoke while bowing his head slightly :" Master, we managed to find him , he was in the lower floors , however he still didn't find out what we were doing , our schedule can proceed despite his interventions "

Viteaux spoke :" good , lets see where this bug can hide when all of Orario is burning "

PS : Algeria lost :") , so no double chapters today 

Danmachi ( Fanfiction Volume 18 )जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें