Chapter 3

Lizzie's POV

You know those days when you drive to work and once you arrive, you have no recollection of the journey? Did I even stop at the lights? What speed did I do? How long did it take me?

That was todays drive to work.

I left home and next thing I know I'm parked next to Jeremy's car. I don't know what I was thinking about the entire way here. Naturally, I'm sure it was about my daughter.

I get out the car and head to my trailer, I need to be in hair and makeup very soon. If my head was a little clearer I'm sure I'd have been concerned that my door was unlocked, but it's not and I don't notice until I see Scarlett and Robert sat both half in costume on my couch.

"Lizzie darling, I just wanted to make sure you were okay. Evans didn't tell us much he had to start filming." Robert pulls me into his embrace, I completely melt into the comfort and nod against his shoulder where my head lies. I take a deep breath. "Yeah it's just..."

"Kids huh? Welcome to the constant worry that is parenthood." He replies, I let out a little laugh. I don't think I'll ever stop worrying about her, "Yeah she's just not doing so great right now and I just spiralled, I'm okay. We'll be okay." I pull back and glance at Scarlett, who's chewing the inside of her cheek.

"Well I better go and get into costume, I'll see you soon dear." Downey says kissing my forehead. "You mean this isn't Tony's outfit?" I smirk at him not being able to help myself. He glares at me fighting back his smile before leaving.

I turn to Scarlett, not realising she'd stood up behind me and come face to face with her before she pulls me into the tightest hug.

"I'm sorry." She apologises, confusing me. I pull back a bit and furrow my brows. "What on earth are you sorry for?" I question her, taking her hand so we can sit down. Scar takes a deep breath before looking into my eyes, I always get lost in the colour of hers. "I've been so selfish, a really shit friend and I'm sorry."

At this point I'm completely lost and I'm guessing by the expression reciprocated on my face, she knows I need some further explanation. "You have done nothing but be there for me for the past few weeks, anytime, anywhere. Shit, even Alexa has. I didn't realise how much that would affect you both, especially on top of everything else." She tells me.

I shake my head, this is a never ending cycle with us. "Scarlett, we go back and forth doing this. We drop everything for each other time and time again, and then one of us always feels guilty about it. We're both moms now and we have work commitments, but we've always been there for each other no matter what and that'll never change." I explain.

"I know but when Chris told me you had a panic attack and that you've been doing too much, even though I know he didn't mean it in a horrible way, he knows I've been depending on you and that's not fair Liz. On you or Alexa." I nod my head a little bit, I can't tell her that's not true because it is. I let her depend on me so it's not all her fault.

"I honestly didn't realise how much until this morning, I just need to get today done and then I'll be okay, it's nearly summer break and I'll have my girl back with me." I say, it's been hard having the time apart. It feels like I've been missing a part of me.

Scarlett pulls me into a side hug before helping me up. "You ready for today?" She asks and I just shake my head. "I just need to take it step by step, it's heavy stuff and it's going to be exhausting. Add in the flying and 3 costume and hair changes all in the space of 10 hours, I'm sure Kevin is trying to kill me off."

We start walking over to the hair and makeup trailer. "Apart from English and music class, has she mentioned much about if she enjoys school? I don't think I've heard her mention any new friends just Keen." Scarlett asks as we sit down to get our wigs out on.