Chapter 11

Lizzie's POV

I finally get out of my Wanda costume and head back to my trailer, it's been an extremely long day and my legs are definitely feeling the effects of being on my feet for most of it. I flop myself down onto the couch, covering myself with a blanket.

Once I'm comfy I check my phone wondering if Scarlett has been in touch. It was so odd her running off set like that today and for her to not tell me what it was, it must've been serious. Perhaps it's something to do with her family? Either way I hope she's okay and I'm sure she'll let me know when she gets a chance.

I scroll through a few of the other text messages I've received today, there's a couple from my manager about upcoming interviews, one from my dad just checking in as he always does and one from Clay, who I really need to catch up with soon. I already know him and Alexa are going to get on like a house on fire.

I open my messages to Alexa, it's after 7 so I assume she'll be about ready to pick up. Oh... that's weird, she hasn't read my text from earlier. I give it a couple of minutes but the thought doesn't leave my mind. I give her a call but she doesn't answer, not too surprising considering she's with her friend.

I make a mental note to remember to get Sarah's parents' details since the girls will probably want to hang out over summer and have sleepovers and that kind of thing, so it'll be handy to have each other's contact details.

Still something doesn't quite feel right, it's getting late and it's a school night. Keen might know where Sarah lives and I could just drive by? I decide that's my best option, finding Mark's number and dialling.

Mark- Hey Liz, everything okay?

Lizzie- Hey Mark, I was just wondering if Keen was home? I just needed to ask him a quick question but I didn't want to bother him if he was out or something.

Mark- He's right here I'll put him on...

Keen- Hey Lizzie?

Lizzie- Hi, I was just wondering if you happen to know where Alexa's friend Sarah lives?

Keen- Uh no, I don't... is everything okay?

Lizzie- Yeah I haven't heard from her yet that's all. She's probably just busy with her friend, you know what teenage girls are like they'll be gossiping and whatever else they do these days.

Keen- You haven't heard from her at all?

Lizzie-... No... why?

Keen- No it's just um, I texted her earlier but she hasn't read it yet. I guess I didn't expect her to still be there.

Something in the way he answered that sets off a trigger inside me, my 'mom instinct' instantly kicking in. I had a wary feeling before, but now I'm starting to fill with worry and Keen definitely knows more than he's telling me.

Lizzie- Keen Ruffalo what aren't you telling me?

Keen- I... god she's going to kill me. I guess I just wouldn't exactly call Sarah and Alexa 'friends' and from our conversation when I left her at school she only intended to be there an hour or so max...

Keen continues to tell me about Sarah and how the presentation actually went. Part of me can't believe Alexa would offer to help that girl after everything but the other part, that knows my daughter and I are very similar, can understand exactly why she did.

He also tells me this Sarah girl has some pretty horrible friends who 'aren't exactly the nicest' were his words, to Alexa. He promises me he's always there for her and she just ignores them, but I still don't like the thought of a bitchy group of girls around my daughter.