Chapter 6

Alexa's POV

"Mom, can you quickly braid my hair? It's a stupid, frizzy mess today." I ask mom as she drinks her gross tea. Seriously, she made it for me once and I nearly vomited from the smell alone. "Oh wow, yeah it is a bit wild." Mom laughs once she looks up. I sit down in front of her and pass her my comb and hair ties.

"How about a movie night tonight? Just me and you?" She suggests as she attempts to comb lightly through my thick curls. "Yeah, that would be nice." I agree, it sounds amazing especially since I'm going to spend the majority of my afternoon with a girl who hates me.

"Right monkey, are you ready to go to school?" Aunt Scarlett asks Rose as she finishes her coffee. See a normal person drinks coffee on a morning mom. "No, no, no, no, no! I don't want to go! I'm staying with Lexa! She's my sister, I stay with her." Rose bursts into tears, screaming. Since Harry left, Rose has continued being adamant that I'm her sister, not her cousin or best friend. Sister, and she won't be told otherwise.

Aunt Scar looks at me, trying to hide her smile. Rose is very cute, even when she's throwing a fit. "Baby, Alexa is going to school as well. You'll see her at the weekend, won't she trouble?" I nod and agree

"Yep and we can do something really fun, but you've got to be good and go to school. And then, guess what?" I whisper the last part, Rose's eyes go wide. "What Lexa?" She asks, trying to whisper but completely failing. "It's nearly school holidays and we can spend lots of time together!"

Rose's jaw drops before she jumps up, grabs her little bag and Scarlett's hand. "Come on mama, we need to go!" She yells. Scarlett squeezes my shoulder as she passes. "You're the best." She chuckles. They're quickly out the door and off to school, I check the time and realise Keen is probably on his way.

"Grandpa told me when you were little you used to cry when the twins went to set without you." I smirk at mom as she finishes putting in the final hair tie. "Your Grandpa needs to stop telling you these stories... what else did he say?" She asks cautiously. I just laugh loudly and walk away to grab my things, to mess with her. I actually don't know much, but she doesn't need to know that.

"Alexa Olsen, get back here and tell me what you know!" Mom yells after me. As if on cue I hear Keen's car pull up outside. "I'd love to but Keen's here, I can't be late! I love youuuu!" I shout back. I hear her mumble a 'yeah I love you too brat' as I shut the door behind me.

"I brought you iced coffee, I imagine you might need it today." Keen says handing me a Starbucks cup as I get in the car. I groan and lean my head against the car window. Why did I have to get put with Sarah? She doesn't even pay attention in class, not when she's with her friends. I doubt she's even read the book. "It's one presentation, you've got this." Keen nudges my shoulder and sets off down the driveway.

The morning passes very quickly, much to my disappointment. I never thought in a million years I'd want math class to continue and not want to go to English, but here I am walking to Mrs Lowe's classroom absolutely dreading it.

"Okay, can you all sit with your partners." Mrs Lowe announces. Sarah picks up her bag and sits beside me, the same placing as how we sit in Biology. She doesn't really acknowledge me as our teacher continues talking. "You have the rest of the afternoon in class to get most of this done, that's a good 2 and a half hours. Any additional work will need to be done in your own time."

"You will be presenting in a random order tomorrow morning. The individual topic and list of what you need to cover is ready on your desks. No two questions are the same, so don't think you can copy anyone else. Any questions, just raise your hand." Mrs Lowe finishes, completely ignoring Sarah's group of friends who dramatically groan at actually having to put some thought into their work.