Chapter 76

Soundtrack: Jefferson Airplane - Somebody to Love

Dedication: mckayla (@hxmmosgalaxy) this chapter is dedicated to you mckayla because i totally would've updated late without you, thank you for staying up with me until 4:20am talking about boys and screaming with each other because there are SO many things happening, i love you and i'm very happy that you have become such a good friend in my life, thank you for wanting to read even a bit of what i've written, you're the best, you know :)

·

"Okay..." I share a trusting gaze with Harry before spinning in my chair to face Louis. "Okay, let's talk."

"Harry," Louis turns to his mate, "hate to kick you out, but would you mind giving us a little privacy? This is sort of the only room without people in it."

"'S'why we were in here in the first place," Harry drawls, leaning back against the vanity table.

Fuck.

"D'you mind?" Louis presses.

"Yeah," Harry admits, although he still stands up and brushes past Louis. "See you out there, Scarlet."

"See ya, Harry," I watch as the younger lad disappears through the door and out of sight.

Louis shuts the door behind him, turning to me in my seat, "Hi."

"You sure know how to clear a room," I smirk, rising from my position and catching a glimpse of us in the mirror. The sight is so familiar, it stirs something in me that I can't remember feeling for a long while.

"Scarlet?"

"Yeah, Louis?"

"It seems like you've been a little distant with me lately," Louis blurts out, slightly tense.

"What...?" I frown, my smirk slowly fading away. Other than what just happened with Harry, my first thoughts go back to the dressing room where the lot of us were hanging out just after soundcheck. "Because I sat beside Zayn instead of you?"

"No, not that," Louis rambles huskily, shaking his head. "Just... everything lately."

"I should say the same for you," a sick feeling drops in my gut as I say it. I didn't expect this to be one of those types of conversations.

Louis stares at me, his light blue eyes piercing my gaze, "Can I ask why?"

"Why?" I repeat, huffing out a deep breath. "I don't think I have like, one reason in general, it's- a feeling."

"Everything's a feeling, innit?" Louis counters immediately.

"Guess so," I shrug. My set starts in just under thirty minutes and I really don't feel like being this confronted, especially right before going on stage.

Louis rolls his eyes, shifting his weight between his feet, "Then why are you angry with me?"

"I'm not- angry with you!" my blood suddenly boils at the lad's accusation. "I'm-" I bite onto my lower lip in confusion and frustration, feeling claustrophobic just from the way he's looking at me. "Well, I might be now!"

My eyebrows furrow into an off-put frown.

Honestly, I wasn't angry until he accused me of being angry.

"So, what?" Louis voices, a bit louder now, edging forward in his stance. "Is it because of the party?"

He knows.