Chapter 16

Soundtrack: Stealers Wheel - Stuck In The Middle With You (1972)

Dedication: Haley — I remember when you first found out about Tangerine on Wattpad and told me that you were gonna start reading it :) I'm stoked that you like my story and I love you for commenting and using the #TangerineFanfiction hashtag on Twitter. I really appreciate everything you've done to spread the love. Thanks so much! x  Jen

·

"W-what?" Harry stares at me, hand still fixed on the door of our hotel suite. His expression has softened, pacifying the strong crease between his brows. I don't think I've seen him look this innocent since we first bonded at my flat.

"Sh-shagging!" I stutter, as Harry did before. "Oh, god- I thought-"

"You thought we were gonna be shagging tonight," Harry repeats my words, saying the phrase more than asking it.

"No, Harry, I-"

"We could, I mean..."

"I thought you were-"

Louis interrupts our exchange by walking into the foyer. He's dressed in nothing but a plain white towel that barely covers his damp waist. His hair is slicked back, still soaking wet from his recent shower.

"-Louis!" I spit out, finally managing to finish my sentence.

"Who's shagging?" Louis asks aloud.

Harry glances between the two of us, not yet ready to say a further word.

"Are you two shagging?" Louis snorts.

"No!" I exclaim.

"We could be..." Harry mutters under his breath.

I groan, unable to get my reasoning across. "Harry- why are you even here? Weren't you going to the gym?"

"The gym was closed."

"Christ..." I exhale, fed up with the overall misunderstanding. "Listen, I thought he was you, Louis."

"You shagged Harry because you thought he was me...?" Louis knits his eyebrows together. "I'm a bit confused."

"Me too," says Harry.

"Ugh, I'm not shagging anyone! I mean-" I pinch the bridge of my nose, releasing a deep sigh. I close my eyes, trying to centre my thoughts. "I'm shagging you, Louis. I want to shag you. Fuck. That's what I want. That's all I want."

Louis stands with a hand on his waist; his hip cocked to one side. His body is toned and his skin is flushed and freshly damp. His light chest hair curls, soft and golden, over his brilliant tattoos and his thick bulge is just visible through the thin white towel that covers his waist.

It's a task just to draw my eyes away from him.

"Wait, you thought I was Louis?" Harry asks me, finally catching on.

Now he gets it.

"Yes, Harry," I voice calmly.

"Oh..." the younger lad gradually clues in to everything that just happened, turning to his bandmate with raised brows. "Yeah, she really wants to shag you, Lou."

"Thank you," I chuckle, rolling my eyes.

Louis gives me an alluring smirk, sending a warm feeling to course through my chest. He rounds back to dress in the bedroom, leaving Harry and I alone in the foyer once more.