Chapter 59

Soundtrack: Goldfinger - Is She Really Going Out With Him?

Dedication: fabiana (@fabsapparel) i feel like no chapter of mine is complete until there are little bubbles of your comments along the way, you always make me laugh and i'm so happy you found tangerine, thanks love :)

·

"Hiiiiii," Harry sings out loud, languidly approaching Sandy, Pete and me in front of all of these people.

Harry gives a quick hug to Sandy and Pete, greeting them as he usually would. I expect him to do the same on my end, so I spread my arms open, waiting to be pulled into a hug. Instead, Harry takes my hands in his and draws me into him, planting a slow kiss right on my lips.

Which-

I just had my mouth on Louis' cock, for Christ's sake.

If he ever knew.

Then he flaunts away, drunkenly going to hug Sandy from behind. He rocks him side to side, keeping his steady eyes glued on me as he rests his chin on the lad's shoulder. The sight of them is exactly like what Louis had just shared with me. Except this time, their embrace lasts twice as long.

·

"Why'd you hug Sandy for so long, H?" I giggle into our shared purple cup as I take a sip of beer. We've recently migrated to an area to talk on our own, save a number of wandering eyes and camera phones.

"You were hugging Louis," Harry smiles, playing with one of his silver rings. "I got jealous so I hugged Sandy."

"Special flower," I reach a hand out to pet Harry's cheek.

Our fingers momentarily interlock as I hand our cup back to him.

I watch as he downs an equally as long sip.

It's the first time Harry has ever opened up about such a thing. Not usually one to result to talking about jealousy or anything of the likes, Harry usually tends to use his sweet humour to convey whatever he's feeling on the matter. Especially when those feelings concern Louis.

Speaking of.

"Hey, Scar," a very intoxicated Louis Tomlinson winds up next to Harry and me, "this song's really fitting, innit?"

Louis lightly knocks his purple cup against the one in Harry's grasp.

I furrow my brows, listening around for a moment to decipher the music flowing through the party. My heart swells as I realise that it's an old ska cover of "Is She Really Going Out With Him?" ‒ originally by Joe Jackson, but perfectly covered by one of my favourite modern bands, Goldfinger.

It's not the tune of the song that gets to me, but the lyrics.

Is she really going out with him?

Is she really gonna take him home tonight?

Is she really going out with him?

'Cause if my eyes don't deceive me, there's something going wrong around here.

"Ska music keeps me breathing," is all I come up with.

I try not to think about how Louis might have chosen to put this song on himself but, well.

I'm thinking about it.

My manager pulls me aside before any of us can truly decode the meaning of the song... not like I've already known for years or anything.