Chapter 18: Comeback Home

Rain's POV:

It was already December 31st and we're back in States. Well, am feeling not feelomg quite good today,because of the sudden revelations of my sisy about my brother and the feelng that I'm going back in my birth town, it flips my stomach upside down.

Frost and i we're only in the car. Mary was with us when we go back but she went straight to New York. Frost was driving smoothly on the express way of New Jersey to the down town. I was sitting on the front seat and i just can't stop recalling what Mary said.

I should help, sissy. And if my brother really is guilty. I don't know how i will face him anymore. But their is also guilt in me.

Betraying my brother? And be suspicious to him? I know that Frost is a good brother to me but, i never know him as a person. A person that can love another one? Ugh.

What are you thinking,Rain? You're being paranoid!!

"You,okay,kiddo?" He asked.

"Ah-y-yes" i shooked my head and tried to focus my attention to something else.

The ride wasn't long and i found us to a familiar place. Our home. Mygosh. This really look different for the past years. I walked outside the car and stand at the little brick pathway that is still attached on our front yard.

I held my chest and i can feel the weird feeling in it. Excitement? Pain? Melancholy? I can't explain. All i know is I'm back in the place where my life became miserable, but now. I'm the new one.

And I've change for the better. I stepped my feet on the pathways and found myself standing at the porch. The house looks just like the same. But it turned out  abandoned and old.

I was about to open the door when the door itself flipped wide open, revealing a mid-40s man, with some white strands on his side burns. His body turned out big and chubby this time. And his wide grin,it's just the same old days when i saw him.

"Dad!!" I hugged him and i felt his arms around me. I heard him laugh at the top of his voice and it melts my heart out. I felt this little pain on my eyes,because my tear pockets were starting to drop.

"Oh,hunnie. I've missed you so much. And I'm glad that we are not in the hospital ,right now"

I chuckled and pouted my lip. Yeah. The last time i saw Dad it's the motor accident. And we didn't have the time to bond that time.

"Yeah,that really looks,fun. But can i interrupt the little get together moment, coz am having a "it's no fun carrying three heavy bags "moment" Frost screamed when he was literally having a hard time, holding our bags out of the car.

"Haha! What's the use of your firm biceps this time, brother!" I joked out. He just ,made a face on me.

When were all in the house, i scanned everywhere and all those memories came back. I went to the kitchen we're Dad is busy opening cup bords and cabinets.

"Our house really looked abandoned huh. All i can see is a single peck of granola bar in here."

"Oh,come on Dad. Let's go to the grocery"

"Yeah. That sounds better. Frost, can you stay here and clean up the mess around here?"

"Yeah. Am not even planning to drive you two,am javing a break in here!!" Frost said.

Dad and i just shooked our heads. Dad and i decided to drive to the grocery and buy stuff that are enough for a week. We'll be only staying for three days in New Jersey while Dad he'll be back in the Philippines, two days after we'll leave.

"So,hunnie. How are you?" I looked at him and he just gave me a meaningful look.

"Well, it's quite good this time. A lot of good times in NYU, am really happy right now,Dad" He looked at me with a smile of triumph on his face.

"And how about Mr.Ascot? I've heard the young lad is really into my little princess huh" That made my face in an instant blush.

Oh.shoot. Dad really loves to tease me.

"Dad,stop teasing me. "

"Haha,okay. If you say so"

While we were busy picking up the things we need Dad have told me great stories about him when he's in the Philippines. Hmm. It sounds really inviting though,maybe sometime i could hang around there.

When we arrived home, we we're both surprised to the transformation of the house, the kitchen and living room looks really clean and tidy.

"Wow, your brother is really an expert huh" Dad walked passed through my side and went to the kitchen.

Frost is really an expert on this thing. No wonder he looked matured so much. But where is he? I toured arround the house but no sign of him.

Oh,yes,i forgot the second floor. Oh gees. I walked to the stairs and made a passed to the old frames hanging on the wall. I can't keep my smile on my face. This is the first time I've appreciated things like this.

When i stepped out the hall,i found a familiar door at the left. My room. I walked slowly,and opened the door revealing a dark space in it. I blindly looked for the switch and when i touched someting,the lights went up.

The room was filled with colorful wallpapers of rainbow abstracts and light colors, my bed is still stuffed but small comb webs were hanging on the ceiling. The oak cabinet was still in place and my study table was still messy and quite used because of the books and papers on it.

I've never saw my room this clearly. Maybe i was just really a dra,a queen and forgot how to put some light on. Now,im glad that i can appreciate it now.

"Yeah. I miss you too".....

My heart beat fast suddenly when i heard someone. Frost?.

I went out my room and searched where is he, his voice is not so vivid and clear all i can hear is little noises. But when i stepped my foot right on his room. I found a little opening of the door, i peaked inside and saw Frost's back he was standing and  pone was on his ear.

"Yeah,don't forget to eat okay?" I swallowed hard trying to eavesdrop to my brother.

Who is he talking to? Is it to Mary?

"I love you too".... What? Is it Mary or??-----

"Kids!! Let's start in here!!!" Dad yelled and it quickly gave me a shocked.

I startled that i almost make a noise. Before Frost can turn on his back i hurriedly ran to the bathroom and locked myself in.

"Coming Dad!!!!" I heard Frost yelled and heavy steps followed it. When there are o noises around i opened the bathroom and stand outside.

Please don't let me be suspicious to ypu,Frost. Please.

****
Vote share and comment!! ^^