Chapter 4 - Shoyo and Evan

"I decided to go to the library in the college since it's open all night and I didn't know how long I'd need." Ennoshita sighed. "I guess now I have to give up one of my secrets so that we can uncover Hinata's."

"One of your secrets? Ooooh!" Tanaka perked up at that.

"Calm down, it's just one of my hobbies. I'm good at hacking." Everyone stared at him like he grew two heads.

"You're a hacker?!" Suga looked horrified. Ennoshita snorted, laughing at the mother crow's face.

"Yeah, It's fine, don't worry. I'm not dumb enough to use my own computer for the risky stuff. I only use internet cafes and library computers and what-not for that. No one could ever know it was me."

"You're a hacker?!" Came Suga's repeated disbelief.

"Oh come on Suga-san. Sure I've done some illegal stuff, but it isn't like I mess with people or anything, I'm not that immature. And I'm not a scammer or anything either. It's a hobby. I do it because it's fun knowing how. And apparently useful in this case." He explained to the shocked group in front of him, gesturing to the laptop and stack of papers.

"Anyway, so I hacked into the school's student records and-"

"You hacked into the school's student records?!" Suga yelled once again interrupting Ennoshita who looked at him unimpressed.

"Yes Sugawara-san. I am a hacker. And yes. I did hack into the school's student records system where all the information about every single Karasuno student is kept. Do you have any more questions you want to ask me or can we continue?"

Sugawara-san didn't have any more questions.

"As I was saying, I needed a bit more information on the baseball kid as well as Hinata before I could do anything else. I printed their info out using the printers in the library." He handed out some of the paper that was in the stack. "Baseball guy's name is Evan Cortman. His parents are Mark and Josephine Cortman. He moved here to Japan from Canada. Specifically Vancouver. He started school during the exact same week that Hinata started ditching us on Mondays and Fridays. It also confirmed that the house I followed them to was indeed Evan's." Ennoshita said as he paced in front of the TV. "Also note Evan's appearance. It's important for later." Everyone looked over the papers. Evan had dark brown hair that swooshed back a little. He had slightly tanned skin, and a light dusting of freckles. The most notable feature though, was his eyes. They were a striking emerald green colour.

"Then I checked Hinata's info. There, I took note of his parents' names, and his previous middle school. For some reason his dad's name seemed familiar. I also found it strange that we have never heard anything about his dad from him, and yet according to the school file he is still one of Hinata's existing guardians. So he can't be dead. Unless they just haven't updated his info yet or something. Also there's a little brother he never mentioned."

Asahi looked at the paper in his hands with Hinata's info. "Hinata Hiroto? That does sound kind of familiar..." He trailed off.

"Mhm. That's why I took note so I could look him up later." Ennoshita said, not stopping the pacing. "Next I hacked into Hinata's Middle school's student records system."

Suga creased his brow. "Why would you need to do that? We have all his info in the Karasuno one."

"That's what you might think, yes. But I have a thing for being thorough. It paid off this time. Take a look at this." Enno handed Kiyoko some more printouts. "Hinata didn't go to Yukigaoka for the full three years." Yachi, who was scanning the papers along with Kiyoko, gasped a bit. She pointed out where she was looking to the third-year manager who's eyes widened in surprise. "He only started there part way through the second year. If you look at the dates, he started there exactly two years before Evan came, down to the day."