Chapter 26 - Kindaichi Hana

Shoyo lay awake, waiting for Noya to stop whispering sickeningly sweet and somehow also suggestive phrases into Asahi's ear, who was undoubtedly blushing madly, so he could sneak out to meet Oikawa in the common room with the comfy couch. Everyone else had been fast asleep for at least an hour already and Shoyo was gaining an annoyed tick on his forehead, his eyebrow twitching.

Finally, he shot up into a sitting position to glare at the spot where he could just make out the shape of Noya laying across Asahi's chest in the darkness. His sudden movement startled the two and they whipped their heads around to look at him. "Will you be quiet and go to sleep already? Some of us actually need to get some rest in order to function properly." He quietly hissed.

Asahi blinked and blushed even brighter, while Noya snickered. "Sorry, Hinata!" Noya whispered as he rolled over onto his own mat. "Goodnight!"

Shoyo rolled his eyes before falling back onto his pillow and waiting until he heard Asahi's soft breathing even out, and Noya's little snores began before sitting back up again. He grabbed his blanket, phone, and pillow and tip toed out of the room. As soon as he had the door closed behind him he made a break for the common room, padding barefoot down the halls as quickly and quietly as possible, a little smile on his face.

When he appeared in the doorway, he was met with the sight of Oikawa already waiting for him, yawning as he leaned against the arm of the comfy couch.

"Hey." Shoyo whispered in greeting.

Oikawa immediately brightened as he noticed Shoyo, smiling widely at the ginger. "I was afraid you weren't coming for a minute there." He teased gently.

Shoyo chuckled under his breath as he made his way over, butterflies erupting in his stomach. He's never felt like this for anyone before. "Noya-san apparently has an endless dialogue of things he has to say to Asahi-san late at night when he thinks no-one else is listening."

Oikawa smirked as Shoyo came to a stop right in front of where he sat on the couch with his own pillow and blanket. Oikawa grabbed Shoyo's bedding from the younger boy and arranged them comfortably on the couch before pulling Shoyo onto the sofa with him, the smaller laying on his side between Oikawa and the back of the couch, his nose to Tooru's broad chest. Oikawa pulled their blankets over them both before settling back on the pillows and wrapping his arms around his Chibi-chan. Shoyo sighed, content, and pressed a kiss to Oikawa's sternum and was rewarded with a kiss on the top of his head.

"Goodnight Oikawa-san." Shoyo whispered.

"Goodnight my perfect Teddy Bear."

~

Tendou groaned quietly as he got up off of his mat, unable to sleep once again. He grabbed his phone before weaving through the maze of his sleeping Shiratorizawa teammates and exited the room. He headed to the kitchens and made himself a cup of hot chocolate, humming as he took the first sip. He shivered as he felt it warm his insides. Satisfied, he wandered over to the common room with the comfy couch, fully intending to curl up and read some manga on his phone.

He entered the common room only to stop short upon seeing that the room was already occupied. He raised a brow as his tired mind processed the scene before him. A smirk spread across his face as he lowered his mug of chocolate onto a nearby coffee table in favor of pulling out his phone.

"Never let go of a good chance for blackmail materials." He whispered to himself as he tapped on the camera icon.

~

The next morning saw Shoyo and Oikawa up bright and early, holding hands under the table in the cafeteria while they waited for the others to wake up and the managers to announce that breakfast was ready. The broken plate and blood had thankfully been cleaned up.