[01] caught red-handed

[01] CAUGHT RED-HANDED

If you thought for even a moment, that Elise Walters was the slightest bit happy to have moved from the comfort of her own town, to Beacon Hills, you would be sorely mistaken.

She'd begged and begged her mother to let her live with her, but her mother's new boyfriend wouldn't allow it, and Elise had been dumped back with her dad. Elise loved her dad, but she couldn't help but feel like he was always a little oblivious to her feelings.

Granted, it wasn't like she had many friends in her old school that would miss her - she doubted anyone would know she left - but that still didn't make it okay for her dad to rip her away from everything familiar.

She already missed the patisserie a block away from her dad's old apartment, and the old vintage book shop down the street. She missed going out to buy bagels and coffee from her favorite cafe in the morning and pretending she was the protagonist in a romantic novel as she stared out the window at the passersby dramatically. Part of her even missed their neighbor, Miss Merrick, an old lady with a cane who owned 3 cats and a canary, and always smelt of washing detergent.

After spending one night already in Beacon Hills, it was weird not to wake up to the sound of cars and sirens, but to wake up to the sound of birds and someone's dog.

Another apartment building had towered in front of the window of Elise's room in their old house, blocking out the sun. So when she awoke this morning to a bright light beaming in from outside, her first thought was oh my god, aliens.

Of course, she couldn't blame all of this on her dad - she blamed his job. They'd decided he'd done all he could for the town, and had quite forcefully suggested he transfer to another station. Elise's dad was a Sheriff in their old town - now he was just a deputy. Beacon Hills already had a Sheriff and he went by the name Sheriff Stilinski. What kind of a surname was that anyway?

So when Elise's dad asked her to carry in some boxes to his desk at the new station, Elise was more than happy to, as this gave her a chance to scope out Sheriff Stilinski and see what he was really made of.

Checking the coast was clear, Elise settled the box of her dad's things onto his desk, and tiptoed over to the Sheriff's office. She twisted the handle and discovered it was unlocked, meaning he'd probably be coming back soon.

Carefully, she slipped into the office and closed the door behind her and shut the blinds. On Stilinski's desk was an array of papers with messy scrawled notes on, circled words and newspaper clippings.

Elise riffled through them and frowned. There were an awful lot of reported crimes for such a small, sleepy town. On his desk was a laptop and a picture frame. In the frame was a photo of an older looking man, maybe Sheriff Stilinski himself, and a young boy around Elise's age. They had their arms around each other's shoulders, and Elise noticed how similar their smiles were. Father and son, she decided.

Just as she began reading over a report of a vicious attack where only half a body was found, the door to the office clicked open and Elise's head snapped up and she was met with a face she now recognized.

⠀⠀"What are you doing in here?"

✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀

sorry this is short ahhh the next chapters will be longer i promise !!!!! just a lil introduction basically

follow my twitter: spidergwehn!!