[15] tension released

[15] TENSION RELEASED

Elise was just finishing up with her English essay when her phone buzzed from across the room. She'd hidden it under all the laundry she needed to put away, as a way of stopping herself from distraction and motivating her to tidy her room to get to it. After folding all the clothes up and putting them away, she grabbed her phone from the bottom of the pile and saw one new message from Stiles.

Sent: 8:56pm

From: Stilinski

hey el, wanna come over and attempt to control a teenage werewolf w/ me? Pwetty pwease

El? When was the last time he called her El? Elise shrugged and sent a quick reply of 'the things I do for u guys' as she rummaged around her room for her leather jacket. Her dad wasn't in, so she wrote him a scruffy note saying she was sleeping over at Allison Argent's house and would be back early in the morning for school.

She decided to just walk to Scott's; it would only take fifteen minutes or so. It was already pretty dark outside, the full moon peeking out behind the clouds, casting a fittingly eerie glow over everything. Elise found herself more jumpy that usual, things like the shadow of a cat or some animal stepping on a twig set her on edge. A huge part of her felt more relaxed when Scott's house came into view. She knocked on the door and a kind looking woman, who showed a lot of resemblance to Scott, with curly dark hair answered.

⠀⠀"Hello?" she said, more as a question than a greeting.

⠀⠀"Uh, hey, I'm Scott's friend-"

Suddenly Stiles came bounding down the stairs, saving her from the awkward encounter, and rushed up to the door to the two.

⠀⠀"This is Elise," he introduced, grabbing her by the wrist and pulling her into the house, "She's helping with the, uh, school project." Stiles explained whilst pulling Elise upstairs so quickly she nearly tripped several times. She didn't get to hear Ms McCall's response, but she assumed that she was okay with Elise being there if she could handle Stiles Stilinski being there.

Stiles led her into Scott's room, where he sat on a chair in the dark, looking scarily sinister. He had the same look from before, the same look from when he kissed her. She stepped closer to Stiles.

⠀⠀"Oh my, god!" he jumped at the sight of his best friend. "Dude. You scared the hell out of me. Your mom said you weren't home yet, I've been waiting in your room for ages?"

⠀⠀"I came in through the window." Scott replied calmly.

Stiles stared at him with concern, his brow furrowing. "Okay, uh, well, let's get this set up. I want you to see what i bought." he took the heavy looking rucksack off of his shoulder and set it on the floor in-between them.

Scott didn't move an inch.

⠀⠀"I'm fine. I'm just gonna lock the door and go to bed early tonight."

Elise scoffed, causing Scott to acknowledge her presence for the first time. "I wouldn't recommend that. You've got this kind of serial killer look going on in your eyes, and it's really starting to freak me - us - out."

⠀⠀"I'm fine." Scott persisted. "You should both go now."

⠀⠀Stiles sighed and shook his head, "All right, we'll leave, would you just at least look in the bag and see what i bought? You know, maybe you use it, maybe you don't. Sound good?"

He bent down and unzipped the bag and pulled out a couple of meters worth of large metallic chain, heavy and strong looking. Scott's mood noticeably changed for the first time, but not for the better.

⠀⠀"You think I'm gonna let you put these on me and chain me up like a dog?" He growled.

⠀⠀Stiles smiled, "Actually, no."

Before Scott could react, Stiles had lunged forward and clipped one of his wrists into a pair of handcuffs and the other to the radiator pipe beside him. Scott yanked against it angrily, only causing his own wrist to bleed.

⠀⠀"What the hell are you doing?" He shouted, still trying to escape from the handcuffs.

⠀⠀"Protecting you from yourself and giving you some payback - for kissing Elise."

✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀

With her back against the wall of Scott's hallway, Elise tried her best to listen in on Stiles and Scott's conversation. She knew she shouldn't, but if anything went wrong she wanted to be able to jump in there and help. For now, she was giving them space to talk, or for Stiles to at least try to reason with Scott. Suddenly Stiles' voice grew louder, and she caught more pieces of their conversation.

⠀⠀"I asked one thing of you, one, and you know how much it mattered to me! How much she matters to me. I've been thinking, it's probably just the full moon, you know? He probably doesn't even know what he's doing and tomorrow he'll be back to normal. He probably won't remember what a complete dumbass he's been. A son of a bitch, a freaking unbelievable piece of crap friend!"

Elise couldn't hear anymore after that. Not because they got quieter, but because all she could hear started to jumble together into one noisy mess, all because of one short sentence; 'how much she matters to me'. She was, honest to god, freaking out, but she couldn't resist the smile that spread across her face and the worry that filled her chest. He cared about her - she mattered to him. She knew that much already as friends, but the way he said it felt different.

What had he asked Scott to do? What had Scott really approached her to tell her? She had so many questions, but not enough nerve to confront Stiles about any of them. Moments later he stumbled out of the room in his usual clumsy way, and looked around frantically for her.

⠀⠀"Oh, hey." he said once he spotted her on the ground. "You didn't, uh, hear any of that did you?"

She froze, her mind looking at her options. A) Say yes, and confront Stiles about her feelings and his feelings and risk losing the friendship or having something more, or b), say no, and hide her feelings until he made a move on her first. Option b could take a long time.

⠀⠀"I, um..." Her words wouldn't come out properly, and she could tell by that Stiles already knew she'd heard enough.

He ran his fingers through his and across his face with a sigh, and looked at the floor. "Elise, I-"

Fuck this, was the last thought that ran through her mind before she was up on her feet and crashing her lips into Stiles' with full force. He didn't respond straight away, his eyes wide and arms limp as he attempted to process what she'd just done. But seconds in he managed to regain logic and kiss back, his arms wrapping around her and hands entangling themselves in her shirt. The taste of his lips against hers gave her the relief she never even knew she needed, and the closeness of their skin closed the gap she hadn't even realized she'd been feeling in her life.

After what seemed like not nearly long enough, they pushed apart, and Stiles stood there, still holding onto her, his eyes latched onto hers. He smiled suddenly, one of his annoyingly cute grins, you know, the kind that spreads across your whole face?

⠀⠀"That felt so good." he breathed.

✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀

based off of 1x08 "lunatic"

that was hopefully the last lunatic chapter idk ill have to check but yEAH IT FINALLY HAPPENED WOAH YEAH COOL

dont worry there will just be more and more eliles (??) / stilise (????) from her on in;))

anyways a bit of personal stuff i had my first kiss the other day wowow