[02] the sheriff's son

[02] THE SHERIFF'S SON

The boy stood in the doorway, eyebrows furrowed and his mouth opening and closing like he was going to say something but decided against it. Elise stood frozen, unsure of her next move. Make up an excuse? Tell the truth? Flirt her way out of it? (Okay, who was she kidding, flirting was not her forte.)

He was attractive; Elise couldn't deny him that, even in just jeans and a t-shirt. His hair was pretty short which was usually a turn off for Elise, but it suited him. She couldn't get over how puppy like his eyes were.

⠀⠀"Please, shut the door." she spoke up, awkwardly avoiding eye contact with him.

⠀⠀"W-what? Wait, no, why are you-"

⠀⠀"Please. I'll explain." Elise asked with more urgency.

Slowly, the boy shut the door, but kept himself facing her direction, perhaps scared that she'd bring out a bat from behind her back and knock him unconscious.

⠀⠀"My dad's the new deputy, he's called Walters? No, you probably haven't heard of him yet. He sent me to drop some stuff off and I got curious and kind of wandered in here." she sighed, crossing her fingers he believed her.

He continued to stare at her for a minute or so before breaking into a soft, goofy smile.

⠀⠀"It's okay," he said as if he'd finally decided her fate. "I'm a curious person too."

⠀⠀Elise nodded, slowly edging towards the door. "Right. Well, I'm just gonna, um, head off-"

thwack, she walked face first into someone else coming through the doorway. Luckily they were taller than her, and no awkward accidental kiss happened. Elise fell backwards onto the floor, right on her tail bone.

⠀⠀"Jesus Christ," she muttered, rubbing her back and wincing as she stood back up, regaining balance.

The person she'd bumped into was shaking himself off too. He was more tanned than the other boy, with long floppy brown hair and an unusually crooked jaw line.

⠀⠀"Stiles, who is this?" he groaned, rubbing his head and giving his friend a questioning look.

Stiles.

So the Sheriffs son was called Stiles - Stiles Stilinski? She almost snorted out loud; that couldn't be his real name.

⠀⠀"Um, who are you?" he asked, turning back to her.

⠀⠀"I'm Elise, and I'm out of here." she muttered, pushing past the boy with the crooked jaw and rushing out of the station. She didn't stop to look if they'd followed her; instead she hopped straight into her dodgy old impala and turned the ignition, driving off back to her new house.

Her neighborhood wasn't all too different to her old one; suburban houses with suburban people of varying degrees. Elise parked the car messily outside her new home, accidentally knocking the front of a blue jeep parked behind her. Cursing, she jumped out to inspect the damage. The number plate was bent and the paint of the car was chipped. Elise decided that it was the owners fault and that they shouldn't have parked it there, just so she could carry on her day with a clean conscious.

Matthew, her dad, was out, so she grabbed a bowl of chips from the cupboard and threw herself down onto the sofa. She flicked the TV on to find The Walking Dead was on and eagerly turned up the volume.

Half way through the episode and covered in crisp crumbs, she heard a collection of colorful curse words from the road outside. Frowning, Elise paused the TV and went to the window, looking out to see Stiles Stilinski kicking at her car rather violently.

⠀⠀Bolting out the door and knocking her crisps over, she ran out towards Stiles. "Oi, asshole!" she shouted.

⠀⠀Stiles spun around and stared at her, alarm and confusion replacing anger. "Y-you?"

⠀⠀"Yes, me - Elise." She reminded him impatiently.

⠀⠀"You damaged my car!" He said accusingly, pointing to the number plate.

⠀⠀Elise shrugged. "You can get it fixed. How do you know it was me anyway? Accusations like that are very-"

⠀⠀"Your car is parked, like, two centimeters away from mine!"

⠀⠀"Okay, but, look at it like your car is parked 2 centimeters away from mine, yeah?"

⠀⠀"I didn't damage my own car!" Stiles ran his hands through the short hair he had and sighed exasperatedly. "I don't have the money to replace it." he muttered, looking genuinely hurt. Was the car worth that much to him?

⠀⠀Guilt washed over Elise as she watched the boy despairingly. "Fine," she grunted, giving in to her softer side. "I'll pay for your god damn car, Stilinski. Pick the money up from my house tonight." then she turned on her heels and stalked back up to her house.

⠀⠀"Hey, wait!" he called as she reached her front door.

⠀⠀"What?"

⠀⠀"You have crisps in your hair." he grinned.

When she was sure he wasn't looking, she shook her head from side to side, brushing out all the crumbs, before angrily opening the door and sitting herself back on the couch. Not only was Stiles Stilinski the Sheriffs son, now he was her neighbor. It seemed like the beginning of a teen chick flick but with the mob-like twist that she now owed him money.

✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀

aye how'd ya like that guys ??? idk i tried

a lot of this story is gonna be dialogue bc every chapter will be somehow based off of an episode if ygm