[08] it's Derek Hale

[08] IT'S DEREK HALE

School at night time was more eerie than Elise imagined, and she'd seen that episode of Doctor Who in the school with Sarah Jane Smith and David Tennant.

She followed Allison down the corridor silently, checking in every classroom as they past.

⠀⠀"Scott?" Scott?" Allison began calling his name again and again, her voice echoing off the walls and reverberating around the corridor.

They had made their way towards the schools swimming pool when Allison's phone rang, making Elise nearly jump out of her skin and fall into the pool.

⠀⠀"Hey, I can't seem to find them. Okay, give me a second and i'll be right there." she hung up and sighed. "Lydia and Jackson are in school." she informed Elise, just before her phone rung again.

⠀⠀"Someone's popular." Elise scoffed.

⠀⠀"Stiles?" Allison answered incredulously. The mention of Stiles name perked Elise's attention, and when she noticed this she internally scolded herself. "Do you know where Scott is?"

⠀⠀"No, it's me, where are you?" a voice she recognized as not Stiles' answered.

⠀⠀"I'm in school looking for you! Why weren't you at my place?" she asked to what Elise assumed was Scott.

⠀⠀"Where are you right now?"

⠀⠀"The swimming pools." Allison furrowed her brow.

⠀⠀"Get to the lobby. Go now."

⠀⠀Allison looked upset now; obviously annoyed her boyfriend was continuing the 'dark and mysterious' act. "Okay, okay, I'm coming."

⠀⠀"Wow, great talk." Elise snorted, following Allison again as she broke into a jog towards the lobby.

✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀

⠀⠀"why did you come? What are you doing here?" Scott asked, confused and Elise detected slight anger.

⠀⠀When Stiles saw Elise he smiled, but then he seemed to reconsider and concern replaced his expression. "You shouldn't be here." he said, coming closer.

⠀⠀Allison stared at Scott for a moment, unsure if he was joking. "But you asked me to."

⠀⠀The boy with the wonky jaw gawked at her. "I asked you to?"

⠀⠀"Why do I get the feeling you didn't send this message." Allison said as she showed Scott the brief text she'd received.

⠀⠀"Because I didn't." Scott murmured, causing the color in Allison's face to drain.

⠀⠀Stiles turned back to Elise, "Did you both drive here?"

⠀⠀She nodded, "Jackson did."

⠀⠀"Jackson's here too?' Scott said, his anger rising.

⠀⠀"And Lydia," Elise added. "Am I the only one who's going to ask who in holy hell sent that text? Or why you guys are here?" she asked, gesturing around them incredulously.

⠀⠀As if on cue, a familiar ginger popped around the corner, followed by Jackson. She smiled and sighed with relief when she saw Scott and Allison, "Finally! Can we go now?"

Scott and Stiles both looked at each other before nodding, just as the ceiling above them began to creak. They all looked up to where the ceiling seemed to be bulging as if something was crawling on top of it, something heavy.

⠀⠀"What the f-"

Stiles managed to push Elise out of the way just before the ceiling could collapse onto her, debris and dust falling everywhere. Elise was almost certain she saw a hulking figure among the rubble but didn't get chance to look as Stiles grabbed her wrist and dragged her after the others as they bolted towards the stairs.

Falling over each other in panic, they all rushed into the nearest classroom and shut the door.

⠀⠀"Help me get this in front of the door!" Scott ordered, and everyone began piling desks and chairs in front of the door, forming a barrier.

Elise stood frozen by Stiles, in shock at how quickly that had all just happened - whatever had just happened. She was sure something had broken through the ceiling, and something was now chasing after them.

⠀⠀"Scott, wait, not here." Stiles said, panic rising in his tone.

⠀⠀"Stiles, what's wrong?" Elise asked, getting more freaked out by the second.

Everyone else was firing questions at Scott, who was too distracted by forming a barrier to listen to Stiles.

⠀⠀"Guys - can we just wait a second? You guys, listen to me! Guys?" he raised his voice but they were all too caught up.

Elise placed two fingers between her lips and whistled wickedly, loud enough to make everyone snap their heads around to face her and Stiles.

She realized what Stiles was freaking out about, as he cast nervous glances at the windows adorning the wall next to them.

⠀⠀"Thanks, Elise. Really beautiful job everyone - love what you've done. But, what should we do about the 20 foot wall of windows?"

✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀

Scott slapped his own head, realizing their mistake. They'd practically just sealed their fate.

⠀⠀"Can somebody please explain to me what's going on, because I'm freaking out here. Scott?" Allison spoke up, her voice shaking and seeming on the verge of tears.

Scott sat facing away from everyone on a desk, his head in his hands, silent.

⠀⠀It didn't seem like he was going to answer, so Stiles spoke up, "Somebody killed the janitor."

⠀⠀"Oh my god," Elise muttered. Was she going to die in school? Of all places? She tried to keep her panic low key, if one of then broke down more of them were sure to follow.

⠀⠀"Is this a joke?" Allison whispered.

⠀⠀"Who killed him?" Jackson spoke, trying to keep a calm monotone voice.

⠀⠀Lydia started breathing heavily and clutched Jackson's arm. "No, no, no, no. This was supposed to be over. The mountain lion-"

⠀⠀Jackson snapped, shaking Lydia off of him. "Don't you get it? There wasn't a mountain lion." he announced, glaring at Scott.

⠀⠀"Scott, what's happening?" Allison pleaded.

Instinctively, Elise moved closer to Stiles, seeking comfort. To her relief he conformed, somewhat hesitantly wrapping an arm around her shoulder.

⠀⠀"I-I don't know," Scott spoke up, "I just-if-if we go out there, he's gonna kill us."

⠀⠀"Who's he?" Lydia demanded.

Scott hesitated for a moment before turning back to face them.

⠀⠀"It's Derek. It's Derek Hale."

✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀

based off of 1x07 "night school"

SCOTT U LIL SHIT WHY U RATTING HIM OUT LIKE THAT SMH

i have so many exams rn I'm sorry for slow updates but I'm so strESSED

hope you've all had a lovely day <3