[12] we're taking a break

[12] WE'RE TAKING A BREAK

The day before going back to school, Elise lay on the floor of her living room, next to Stiles Stilinski. They were surrounded by empty crisp packets and chocolate wrappers, the TV on a low volume in the background.

⠀⠀"I'm so bored," he huffed, throwing up a tennis ball and catching it repeatedly.

⠀⠀"Ditto," Elise replied, propping herself up on her elbows. "How's Scott?"

⠀⠀"Fine-" Stiles was cut off by his phone vibrating. He read the text and frowned. "Correction: not fine. Still wallowing in self pity."

⠀⠀"We should go over." Elise suggested, half for Scott's sake and half because she was incredibly close to setting something on fire, just to liven her day up.

He nodded and jumped up, grabbing his rucksack as Elise rushed to follow him out the door and into his jeep. They buckled in and Stiles pulled out of her drive, but just a few miles down the road he stopped abruptly, and turned back around.

⠀⠀"What are you doing?" Elise frowned.

⠀⠀"I have an idea." was all he said as he got out the jeep and ran into his own house. Elise turned on the radio, some trashy pop song playing through the speakers as she waited anxiously, tapping her fingers on the dashboard.

Several minutes later he returned with a full rucksack and a smirk on his face.

⠀⠀"Do I wanna know?" She asked cautiously as he climbed back in.

Stiles unzipped the rucksack and revealed to her several bottles of alcohol that he most likely was not meant to have access to.

⠀⠀"Stiles-" she hissed scornfully.

⠀⠀"It'll cheer him up!" He insisted, driving back on to the road and towards Scott's house.

⠀⠀"This can only end badly." She muttered.

✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀

⠀⠀"Where are we going?" Elise grumbled as a twig flicked her face and she attempted to brush away brambles.

The three of them were travelling through the woods, for god knows what reason, following Stiles not-so-reliable lead. The moon was crescent shaped and shining over the landscape, casting an eerie glow over everything shadowed in darkness.

⠀⠀"You'll see." Stiles replied bleakly, pursuing the path through the undergrowth.

⠀⠀"Stiles, if you'd have told me we were hiking through the woods, in the dark, I would've worn more appropriate shoes." She cried uselessly, staring down at her muddy converse. They would be such a bitch to clean in the morning.

Scott followed directly behind Stiles, kicking stones and twigs as they went, his upset evident from his slumped figure and body language.

⠀⠀"We shouldn't be out here. My mom's still in a constant freak out from what happened at the school." Scott whined, as they entered a clearing.

⠀⠀"Your mom isn't the sheriff okay?" Stiles eyed me, "or even on the police force. There's no comparison, trust me."

⠀⠀"What are we doing here, Stilinski?" Elise asked, her anger levels rising as she dropped herself onto the ground between Stiles and Scott.

⠀⠀"When your best friend gets dumped-"

⠀⠀Scott interrupted him abruptly, furrowing his brow, "I didn't get dumped. We're taking a break." He insisted.

⠀⠀"Scott, have you never seen Friends?" Elise scoffed at him.

⠀⠀"All right, when your best friend gets told by his girlfriend that they're taking a break - you get your best friend drunk!" Stiles announced, clearly proud of his idea. He pulled out one bottle from his rucksack and handed it to Scott who accepted it wordlessly but thankfully.

⠀⠀"Your plan is so flawed." Elise sighed, leaning back to admire the stars. There was little light pollution in the forest, so the stars were extremely clear. When she was younger, she'd sometimes go out late at night in the winter with her dad, wrapped up in scarves and hats, and they'd lie under the stars on picnic blanket - the memory made her smile.

By the time she'd sat back up, the bottles were already open and both boys were taking swigs.

⠀⠀"Elise?" Stiles asked, holding out his bottle to her.

She weighed out the problems of drinking with Stiles and Scott. Negatives: she might end up having to tend to two drunken idiots, and Scott was a freakin' werewolf, who knew what he might do? Positives: a moment to forget that, yes, Scott was allegedly a werewolf, and everything that happened the other night at school.

⠀⠀"I guess so," she gave in with a sigh, grabbing the bottle and swallowing the bitter liquid.

✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀

⠀⠀"Dude, you know, she's just one - one girl. You know? There are so many other girls in the sea." Stiles mumbled drunkenly, waving his bottle of alcohol around so that Elise had to dodge it a few times.

⠀⠀"Fish in the sea." Scott corrected, looking completely done with Stiles and infuriatingly bored.

⠀⠀"I could really do with some sushi now." Elise giggled.

She and Stiles lay on the ground, her head resting pretty low on Stiles' chest. The fingers on his free hand were playing with Elise's hair absently. Even though he was drunk, he wasn't pulling at her hair at all. It was gentle. "Aren't you drunk, Scott?" she slurred.

⠀⠀"I'm not anything." he said solemnly.

⠀⠀"You're a werewolf." Elise snickered to herself, causing Stiles to giggle as well.

⠀⠀"What?" Scott suddenly snapped, sitting up and staring at her. "What did you say?"

⠀⠀"I feel sick." she murmured, her attitude suddenly turning sour.

Stiles sat up and took another drink. He had mud on the side of his face from lying on the grass, and his plaid shirt was askew on his shoulders.

⠀⠀"Stiles, did you tell Elise?" he ran over to Stiles and hissed, but not quiet enough for her not to hear.

⠀⠀"He told me everything." she grinned drunkenly, placing her hand on Stiles' chest, which made him grin as he placed his own hand over hers.

Scott groaned, putting his face in his hands and muttering something to himself.

⠀⠀"Maybe-maybe it's like not needing your inhaler anymore? Maybe you can't get drunk as a wolf." Stiles suggested before smiling stupidly, "Am I drunk?"

Scott stood up, wiping the dirt off of his clothes and glowered down at Stiles and Elise.

⠀⠀"You're wasted." He grumbled.

⠀⠀"I know it feels bad. I know it hurts. I know. Well, I don't know. But I know this. I know that as much as being broken up hurts, being alone is way worse." Stiles said, trying to give meaningful advice even in his state. "that didn't make any sense. I need a drink." he concluded, taking the bottle off of Elise.

"You're so cute." Elise whispered with a small gasp to Stiles, stroking his hair.

"Not as cute as you." he grinned, nuzzling his head into the crook of Elise's neck like a puppy.

Scott opened his mouth to speak, but closed it again suddenly, his eyes trained on something behind the pair cozying up on the ground beneath them. Suddenly, a figure stepped over Stiles and Elise, and snatched a bottle right out of Stiles' hand.

"Well, look at the two little bitches and their whore getting their drink on."

✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀

based off of 1x08 "lunatic"

I HAVENT UPDATED IN FOREVER SORRY SORRY SORRY

BUT THIS BOOK HAS SO MANY READS WTF THANK U ILY ALL

I DONT REALLY LIKE THIS CHAPTER SO I HOPE IT'S OKAY IM WORRIED THERE'S TOO MUCH DIALOGUE I'LL TRY AND MAKE THE NEXT ONE BETTER