[13] no big deal

[13] NO BIG DEAL

Scott's stare was fixed dead on the man in the snapback and his friend towering over his friends. Both were much older than them, and dressed in a ramshackle of clothes. Stiles and Elise were looking up as well, broken out of their giggly mood by the sudden disruption.

⠀⠀"Give it back." Scott said sternly, his eyes never leaving the men.

⠀⠀The one with the snapback chuckled, "What's that little man?" he asked patronizingly.

⠀⠀"I think he wants a drink." snickered the other guy, nudging his companion approvingly.

⠀⠀Scott was still relentlessly glowering. "I want the bottle." He demanded, his tone excruciatingly unreadable.

Stiles shuffled uncomfortably, looking between Scott and the men with cautious eyes.

⠀⠀"Scott," he spoke up, "maybe we should just go."

⠀⠀"You brought me here to get drunk, Stiles. I'm not drunk yet".

Elise shuffled instinctively closer to Stiles, swallowing nervously.

⠀⠀"Scott, it's okay-" she began to reason, but Scott was already walking towards the pair, his poker face fixed and his eyes set on his target.

⠀⠀"Give me the bottle." he demanded once more, face to face with the first man, who just looked at him condescendingly, and snorted, looking him up and down and deciding him as no threat.

Just then, Elise noticed Scott tense marginally, and the nails on his fingers grow longer very suddenly. She gripped Stiles' arm tight, alerting him to the transformation. She hadn't really realized how real this whole werewolf was, and now it was happening right in front of her.

⠀⠀"Scott-"

⠀⠀"Give me the bottle of jack." Scott's eyes began to glow a supernatural yellow color, making Elise a mixture of scared and fascinated, and making the two men look at each other in confusion.

Before she knew it, Scott had snatched the bottle from the man's hand in one swift swipe, and had chucked it with intense speed at a nearby tree, causing every inch of it to shatter immediately.

✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀

⠀⠀"I can't go home this wasted," Elise hiccupped, her head pounding like hr brain might pop out of her skull any second.

Stiles seemed to have miraculously sobered up a little, perhaps shaken back to his senses by Scott's abrupt freak out with the bottle of jack. She was struggling to walk in a straight line back up to her front door, and so Stiles had to wrap one arm around her shoulders.

⠀⠀"I'll take you up to your room okay? We'll be real silent; your dad won't even hear us." Stiles whispered, taking the key from Elise's pocket and slipping it into the door carefully.

He closed the door behind them with great care, and began helping her up the stairs, step by step, but not before completely losing his balance on the last step, causing a huge mass of noise as the pair fell flat on their faces on the landing.

⠀⠀"Shit," Stiles' groaned, "do you think your dad heard?"

They both waited for a moment, and heard nothing in response.

⠀⠀"Nope." Elise yawned, clambering back up with the help of the staircase banister.

Stiles hooked his arm around her waist and acted as a crutch for the last stretch of the hallway. When they reached her room, Stiles opened the door and smiled, gazing around at it. He admired the newly plastered array of posters littering the walls, and the mess of books and DVD cases and clothes thrown around the room. It was almost the same as his own room, but a tiny bit tidier in comparison.

He helped her into bed, where she instantly curled up into a ball beneath the covers and closed her eyes to sleep. Stiles stood there for a moment, smiling at how cute he thought she looked. He seemed already fast asleep, and he hoped she was, because he slowly bent down and kissed her cheek gently, blushing even though no one was looking.

Once he'd shut the door on his way out, Elise opened her eyes up, and the widest smile spread across her face, as she touched the place on her face where his lips had briefly touched her skin.

✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀

Allison was remarkably insistent that Elise hang around with her and Lydia the next day, and she didn't complain, not looking or feeling like a complete loner was nice.

⠀⠀"It's just weird," Allison sighed, clutching her bag as she stood in between Elise and the strawberry blonde as they walked to class. "Everybody's talking about what happened the other night, and nobody knows it was us."

⠀⠀Lydia scoffed with a smile, "Thank you for the protection of minors."

Suddenly Allison seemed hesitant, her mouth opening and closing as she frowned at herself.

⠀⠀"What's eating you?" Elise enquired curiously, nudging Allison's shoulder with her own.

⠀⠀"Do you think I made the wrong decision?" she sighed finally, like a weight being lifted off of her chest.

⠀⠀"Allison-"

⠀⠀"About that jacket with that dress?" Lydia interrupted sarcastically. "Absolutely."

⠀⠀With a roll of her eyes Allison groaned at her friend. "You know what I mean."

⠀⠀Lydia stopped walking and stared at her. "Hello? Scott locked us in a classroom and left us for dead. He's lucky we're not pressing charges or making him pay our therapy bills."

Elise bit her tongue - knowing more about the situation than the other two girls was proving difficult. Defending Scott would confuse Allison more and land her in Lydia's bad books. Insulting Scott would make her feel bad, as it wasn't exactly his fault what happened. She listened silently to Lydia go on about a new pair of shoes she'd bought for an apparently amazing price, and how annoyed she was at Jackson currently. Elise had more important things on her mind, one thing - person - in particular.

✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀

Fourth period had just finished when Elise walked past Stiles Stilinski sitting slumped and half asleep outside the principal's office. She stood in front of him for a moment, looking down at his sleeping face and how puppy-like he looked. She felt kinda bad waking him.

⠀⠀"Hey, Stilinski." she hissed, jerking him awake by his arm.

His eyes snapped open as he jerked awake, his body spasming as he stumbled to get up. He smiled as he looked at her, and it made Elise's stomach fill with butterflies. She never usually felt that way around him.

⠀⠀"Elise! Hey-"

He was cut off by the principal's door opening and the sheriff emerging, looking solemn. Stiles rushed up to him, Elise following his footsteps, intrigued.

⠀⠀"We are watching his family's house. Maybe he'll wind up there. Give me a second." the sheriff told the principal as he left, talking about Derek Hale presumably. "Don't you have a test to get to?" he asked turning to Stiles.

⠀⠀"What's going on?" Elise asked them both.

⠀⠀"Did you find Derek?" Stiles asked eagerly.

⠀⠀the sheriff sighed and ran a finger through his balding hair. "I'm workin' on it. You go take your test."

⠀⠀"All right, dad, listen to me-"

⠀⠀"Go!"

⠀⠀"This is really important. You have to be careful tonight, okay? Especially tonight."

Elise could clearly sense the worry in Stiles' voice, and she yearned strangely to reach out and comfort him. She could see how stressed it made him thinking about his dad getting hurt or tangled up in the supernatural side of Beacon Hills.

⠀⠀"Stiles," his dad sighed, placing a hand on his sons shoulder. "I'm always careful."

⠀⠀Stiles shook his head, "Dad, you've never dealt with this kind of thing before, okay?" he said, trying to convey his clear anxiety for his dads safety. "At least not like this."

Elise couldn't take it any longer. She reached out gently and slipped her hand into his, as discreetly as she could. She noticed the sheriff's eyes flicker down for a moment, but he made no sign that he had seen her hand in his or was going to react to it. Stiles' fingers greeted hers gladly and thankfully, interlocking and his thumb rubbing anxiously against the side of her palm.

⠀⠀"I know, which is why I brought in people who have. State detective. Go take your test." And with that sheriff Stilinski took off.

Stiles grip on her hand loosened slightly as he looked at her and expected her to walk off as well and let go, but she kept her grip firm, which reassured him.

⠀⠀"Thank you for looking after me last night. You seem to do it an awful lot and I'm sorry I'm such a burden, but thank you." Elise breathed out suddenly in one big breath.

He squeezed her hand once and firmly, "It's no big deal." he smiled warmly.

✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀ ✦ ⠀

based off of 1x08 "lunatic"

this is waaaaay too long it must be xmas lmao but anyways #YOLO kids amirite !

do u guys want more action between Elise and Stiles SOON or do u like the pace I'm going at now ???