32) Night Howler

(Y/N) POV

A full day has passed and the Cooper Gang is having a hard time getting information of this place, because the security is super tight. Maybe Mirage got info about us coming and tighten up the security. But there is also something else that is getting our attention. Tennessee's sudden savaging. His action and behavior is like normal raccoon back home, but more aggressive. And I know I have seen that type of savage before.

''ARGH, the security in this place is tighter than my knowledge.'' Complain Bentley after hours of trying to find a way to check the area, so they can make a plan to defeat Mirage.

''Maybe you should take a break.'' Suggest Sly, spotting that Bentley is getting stressed. Murray joined in, also spotting his pal being trouble.

''Yeah, buddy. Maybe take your mind of this place and maybe figure out what is wrong with Tennessee.'' Suggest Murray and mention to the still unconscious racoon.

''I already have been looking into it, but never found anything.'' Groaned Bentley and roll over to Tennessee, just to check his condition.

''Have you tried contacting Carmelita?'' I ask curious, getting a questionable look from the others. ''Carmelita might be able to dig up some info about this, by reading the files and reports on the other victims around the world.''

''That... might not be a bad idea.'' Agree Sly and quickly find a phone to contact her.

*Time skip*

''It is not easy to find a connection, cause I can't see any pattern to the victims.'' Complain Carmelita with a groan, as she lean on her office chair back in Paris. Apparently she was already on the case about the weird savage episodes around the world.

''Can you please list what they were working as?'' Ask Sly curious with crossed arms and look at the computer screen. Carmelita huffed and open a case file.

''Most of them are working as mechanic, delivery drivers and production. But one is what makes this odd. A florist that studied the flora's in Madagaskar.'' Inform Carmelita and read up from the file.

''What is a florist?'' Ask Salim confused of the word.

''Someone who works with flowers.'' Answer Thaddeus for the Arabia ancestor. 

''But why a florist?'' Ask Slaight curious and confused at the same time.

''The other threes might have a connection to Mirage and her work, but I can't picture flowers into this.'' Says Otto with his opinion.

''Flower... Flower..?'' I mumble to myself, feeling something pinching my mind.

''Something wrong, (Y/N)-chan?'' Ask Rioichi, noticing my mumbling. I just ignore at him and look at Tennessee, then to Carmelita.

''Carmelita. The others were checked for a bullet, right? But there weren't one, right? They never found a bullet.'' I ask curiously and look at the fox. Carmelita thought for a moment and look through some documents.

''No bullets. But doctors did found the fur or scales a little moist around the area, with a very faint purple color.'' Inform Carmelita, looking right at me through the screen.

''Hint of purple... Moist near the area...'' I mumble out loud and then it clicked me. The memory I tried to recall. ''Did the any of the victims say the same words?''

''Uhmm... Some, even the florist, said mumbled the words Night Howlers.'' Answer Carmelita, giving me a confused look.

''Then they have been poison by the pollen of Midnicampum holicithias.'' I exclaim worried and walk over to my backpack and pick up my own notebook. I quickly go through the pages, trying to find what I need.