Chapter 1 |Grumpy Beginnings|

"Stop being so grumpy, it's lame," I hear Rose whisper to me as we set our bags onto the ground in the ballet room

"Stop being so grumpy, it's lame," I hear Rose whisper to me as we set our bags onto the ground in the ballet room. It's 9:00 in the morning on a Monday, I should be in my dorm sleeping right now but instead, I'm going to class.

"Fuck off," I whisper back still mad at her for what she did last night .

"I said I was sorry" she whines taking off her coat. Due to the cold weather outside and the long walk from our dorm building to the school building her cheeks and nose are flushed.

"You woke me up at 2 a.m. to help you get your foot out of the toilet," I say, making a face at her.

"I was trying to take a picture,"

"Naked?"

"Yes the guy I was talking to ask for one and you know how it gets if you don't send one plus he is on the hockey team and he was hot-"

"And he would have shown the entire team your nude Rose," I say, cutting her off. She whispers an 'I know' before bending down to grab her ballet shoes from her bag. I bend down doing the same.

"I just wanted him to like me," she tells me honestly as she gets up to walk to the spot we always go to, the corner between the mirrors and the barres.

We both sit down getting our shoes ready to start stretching. I speak knowing I'm not down with this conversation yet.

"Rose, you shouldn't need to send nudes to someone just for them to like you. They should like you for you nothing else. If they don't they can fuck off." I say calmly.

"I know if Nora wasn't so mean when she woke I wouldn't have woken you up."

Before I can answer her we hear Mrs.Stone's voice.

"Okay let's get into positions"

Everyone nods before getting up and standing in front of the barre. Mrs.Stone stands in front of us.

"Before we start with our normal routine I have an announcement to make. We will be participating in the Riverview Gala this year. One of you will have a solo in the group dance. I will be picking who will have the solo by the end of the month. Now let's get started on our normal routine." She finishes speaking as she turns on the speaker.

~~~~~

We have about 10 more minutes of class before we have to leave. Usually Mrs.Stone lets us hang out until class is over when we finish early. Some people go to talk and others practice some more before leaving.

Me being one of the others is practicing while Rose talks about what she has planned for us this Friday.

As I am fixing my hair into a low ponytail I hear the door open and close. Rose stops talking, her mouth opened wide staring at the figure that is walking. I stop what I am doing turning to see who has Rose looking like a fish right now.That is when I see who had walked into the room.

Noah Hayes.

I'm about to go back to fixing my hair until my name is called."Ms. Michelson please go with Mr. Hayes to Mrs. Cotherman's office." Mrs. Stone says.

"Okay, should I leave or take my stuff?"

"I'm sure you won't be back in five minutes so just take it with you."

"Okay," I say, walking over to Rose to grab my stuff.

"Oh my god, what did you do?"

"Nothing see you later" I laugh before kissing her cheek and walking over to Mrs.Stone. I can sense Noah's stare on me but I ignore it.

"Mrs. Stone, can I stay back tomorrow," I ask her while hugging her bye.

"Yes sweets, have a nice day see you tomorrow."

I nod before turning to Noah saying a steady 'come on' before walking out the door with him following behind me.

"So you're 'The River Michelson'?" He ask his voice deep.

"Yes," I say, rolling my eyes, ignoring how much hearing my name on his tongue does to me.

This will be one hell of a day.