Chapter 14 |Hockey Game|

I raise my fist to knock on the door in front of me

I raise my fist to knock on the door in front of me. The door opens and reveals Rose with a quilt covering her. Her eyes widen as a smile forms on her face when she sees me.

"Here to see River?" She asks me with a teasing tone.

"I just wanted to drop this off for later," I tell her as I hand up my hand to show her the jersey with my number 55 on it.

"I'll make sure to give it to her loverboy," She says before I can speak she shuts the door on me.

"Loverboy?" I mutter while chuckling to myself as I start to walk away from their dorm room.

~~~~~

"I can't believe you dyed your hair pink before a game," I say to Greyson. We are currently in the locker room getting our gear on.

Greyson is sitting on one of the benches, he is already in all of his gear as he swings his helmet back and forth. He grins at me as he puts his hand to his hair to ruffle the pink strands.

He and Roman decided to dye their hair pink last night just because they 'felt' like it. Now they look like two pink poodles running around.

"What do you expect? I'm Mary Poppins bitch!" He tells me in a smug voice. I just laugh at him as I give him a look as if to say 'you're fucking stupid' while I give him a small smack in the back of his head.

I see my phone light up as I grab it off the shelf of my cubby. It was a text. A smile lights up my face when I see who it's from.

𝖱𝗂𝗏𝖾𝗋 : 𝖶𝖾 𝗃𝗎𝗌𝗍 𝗀𝗈𝗍 𝗁𝖾𝗋𝖾, 𝖺𝗇𝖽 𝗒𝖾𝗌 𝖨 𝖺𝗆 𝗐𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝗃𝖾𝗋𝗌𝖾𝗒.
𝖭𝗈𝖺𝗁 : 𝖳𝗁𝖺𝗇𝗄𝗌 𝖺𝗀𝖺𝗂𝗇 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝖼𝗈𝗆𝗂𝗇𝗀.
𝖱𝗂𝗏𝖾𝗋 : 𝖨𝗍'𝗌 𝗇𝗈 𝗉𝗋𝗈𝖻𝗅𝖾𝗆 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝗅𝗅𝗒.

I don't have time to respond as I hear Coach's voice. An older middle-aged man walks into the room. "Come on boys gather around," Coach Brooks says, his voice beaming through the room.

"Coach! How have you been!" Greyson says excitedly as he hops off the bench and makes his way towards Coach. Once he reaches him he throws an arm over Coach's shoulders.

Greyson has been sick and missed the last two games. He started feeling better enough for him to play tonight.

"Get off me, Parker." Coach tells Greyson. His voice is stern and Greyson slowly takes his arm off Coach's shoulders. His mouth was still in a huge smile.

Coach might act like he hates us but we all know he secretly loves all of us. He is like a second father to most of us. Once all of us are gathered in the middle of the locker room, Coach starts his speech.

"Okay, today we will be playing against Harvard. Parker, I want to move you to Defense just for this game. Sanchez, Let's try that new move we've been working on. Hayes, remember what we talked about no fights even if they insult you. Lastly, Miller, you will be taking Parker's spot on Offense for this game." Coach finished off his speech as he drew out the outline of our plays on the whiteboard.