Chapter 33 |Solo|

Today was the day I performed my solo at the Riverview Gala

Today was the day I performed my solo at the Riverview Gala. This was the last day of classes before winter break. My solo doesn't start for another 1 hour and 43 minutes.

Yes, I was keeping track of the time. I already had my makeup and hair done, and I was already dressed in my all-white tutu. I stare down at my pink pointe shoes as I pace back and forth in my dressing room.

I hear a knock on my door and I look up to see a smiling Noah. He was dressed in black trousers with a black turtleneck and a black blazer. He looked beautiful.

"Hi, beautiful." He says, greeting me like he always does. My anxiety slowly starts to calm in his presence. He leans against the door frame of my dressing room with his arms folded against his chest.

"Hi," I say, my voice coming out soft. I walk over to him, and he stands up straight and opens his arms for me. I wrap mine around his torso and hug him. My muscles relax as he wraps his arms around me.

"I'm scared," I admit to him. He places a kiss on the top of my head.

"Why is that?" He asked me. I pull my head from his chest and I loosen my hold around him. His hands are still wrapped around me as I look down at my hands and start to fidget with them.

"What if I mess up? What if I forget the dance altogether? What if I do a move wrong and hurt myself? What if-" Noah cuts me off before I can say anything else.

"No more what-ifs, okay? You are going to do
amazing. I watched you practice while you had me read your flashcards for a test." He tells me with a chuckle. I nod my head and take a deep breath.

"You right, I got this." I quietly said to him with a sigh. He gives me a soft kiss on my lips, he mutters something about not being able to ruin my makeup.

"I'm always right," He says with a cocky grin. I roll my eyes at him. We talk until it's time for my performance. They give me a five-minute warning and I warm up. Noah watches me as I touch up my hair and makeup.

"I have to go take my seat now, I'll be sitting right next to your parents. You'll do amazing, don't worry." He says to me and gives me a soft kiss before he leaves.

"It's time," Mrs. Stone says to me as she peeks her head into the room. I take a deep breath and put on a smile as I walk with her to the side of the stage. I hear them announce my name and what class I'll be dancing for.

I make my way onto the stage and get into my starting position. I see Noah with my parents and Rose, Nora, and the guys all sitting in the same row. The music soon starts and I shut out any unwanted thoughts.

I focus only on my movements and the music. The movements flow out of my body, as I dance I feel free. I forget about the people watching me, I focus solely on the dance. It feels like I'm slipping out of this world into another.

This was why I loved ballet, it made me fall into a different reality. When I danced I forgot about everything burdening me. I let out my emotions into a dance. There were times when I wanted to quit ballet from how frustrated I would get.