Chapter 28 |Grief|

For the next week, I'm there with Noah as he griefs his mother's death

For the next week, I'm there with Noah as he griefs his mother's death. I hold him as he cries, as he laughs and tells me stories about her from the past, and as he goes to see his father.

I've been going to classes and taking notes for him. He had told the professors that he will not be attending the classes for the next week or two due to a family emergency.

Right now I was trying to make Noah smile. His mom's funeral is tomorrow. He's been quiet and distant all day. So, I was planning on making him smile even if it's just the smallest smile.

"Let's go for a drive," I tell him as he sits on his bed with only a towel wrapped around his waist. His arms were wrapped around my waist and his chin was on my stomach as he looked up at me.

"A drive?" He asks me softly. I nod my head as I rub my fingers through the hair that is on his neck. I bend down and place a kiss on the tip of his nose.

"Yeah, let's escape for a little," I suggest as I pull away from him. I go to my suitcase that's on the floor. I have been staying here since the day of the dance. Nora and Rose packed my things and brought them over for me. They also came to check up on Noah.

I tighten the towel against my body as I bend down and I search for clothes to wear. I grab a pair of loose-fitted black and white plaid pants with a white cropped top. I grab a pair of panties before I stand up.

I turn to go to the bathroom, but Noah grabs my hand and pulls me to him. "Where are you going?" He asks me confused. He furrowed his eyebrows as his lips formed a slight pout.

"I'm going to get dressed in the bathroom," I tell him.

"Why? You never change in the bathroom," He points out. He stands up off the bed and kisses me on the tip of my nose as I did to him. He walks over to his dresser and opens an empty drawer. I watch him as he walks over to my suitcase and grabs my clothes and puts them in the drawer.

He then walks back to me, he gives me a look that says 'what's wrong'. I let out a sigh as I replied to his question. "I haven't shaved," I say honestly.

I expect him to be grossed out or something. My last boyfriend was, one time I forgot to shave and got dressed in front of him and he told me to go get dressed in the bathroom or something because hair makes me look less appealing.

I broke up with him hours later when I told the girls what happened but I still thought about it. "Baby, you can be dressed in a big foot costume and I'll still say you look breathtaking." He tells me as he smooths down my hair.

I give him a peck on his lips before I go to get dressed. I feel his gaze on me the whole time, as I pull my shirt over my head I can feel him behind me. I wasn't wearing a bra so when I turned to him my nipples touched his chest.

"Beautiful," He mutters to me, he now had on a pair of boxers and the same black and white plaid pants I was wearing. He grabbed a white tank top and put it on. I watch him grab a black jacket and a black hoodie from his closet.

He hands me the jacket and puts on the hoodie. He wears his slides while I wear UGG slippers. We walk out of his room and down the stairs, we are greeted by the guys eating cake. Greyson and Roman sit on top of the counter while Leo watches them in amusement.

"Where are you guys going?" Leo asks us as he turns his head towards us. I give him a hug and kiss on the cheek.

"Going for a drive," I tell him. He tells us to be safe before we leave. I get in the driver's seat as Noah gets in the passenger side. I knew exactly where I wanted to take him. I connect my phone to the aux.

'Like that' by JP Saxe starts to play through the speakers of the car. Noah looks out the window as he listens to the music. After about 45 minutes we finally arrived. "What are we doing here?" Noah asks me all I do is get out of the car, and he follows soon after.

I grab a blanket from the backseat and climb onto the hood of the car. I pat the space next to me and Noah climbs up. I drape the blanket over us and snuggle into his side. "Look up," Is all I say to him.

He does and a small chuckle escapes his mouth, you can see the stars and the moon in the sky. "It's gorgeous," He says, nodding in agreement.

"Talk to me, what's going on in that pretty head of yours?" I ask him after a while breaking the comfortable silence. I lay my head on his shoulder, he rests his head on mine.

"I'm scared," He confesses after a while.

"It's scary, the guys and I will be there with you through every step," I reassure him, I feel him nodding against my head. We lay there and look at the sky as we talk. I wanted to give him some peace and somewhere to escape to before tomorrow.

'Thank you," He whispered to me. He places a small kiss on top of my head as he pulls me closer to him.

"For what?" I ask him.

"For bring me here, I needed this,"

"Always,"