Chapter 39 |I love you more|

"I love you," I hear River whisper to me as she moves a strand of hair out of my face

"I love you," I hear River whisper to me as she moves a strand of hair out of my face. I don't think that was something she wanted me to hear. I heard her whisper those words to me as I was drifting to sleep.

My heart beats faster at the sound of those three words on her tongue. When I feel her fall asleep I open my eyes and stare down at her as she sleeps. Her chest moves up and down as she takes in breaths.

I trail my fingers against her smooth skin where her shirt had ridden up. I listen to the rain as it falls, I stay up as long as I can. Thought about how I could not only tell her that I love her but how I could also show her that I love her.

I soon drift to sleep without realizing it. I fell asleep to River's even breaths, they were a lullaby to my ears. I wake up before River does. She had one of her legs entangled between mine as the other lay next to mine.

One of her arms was draped over my waist as she laid on her back. I look down at her face and admire her. River's hair was in a loose messy ponytail. Her lips were in a small pout as she slept.

I carefully move the strands of hair out of her face and I place a soft kiss on her forehead. I gently move her leg off of mine and I lift her arm and slide out from her hold. I grab her big Stitch plushie for her to sleep on.

Once I use the bathroom, I open the bedroom door and close it without making a sound. I see Leo making breakfast while Roman and Nora talk with him as they sit in two of the chairs near the island.

I say good morning to them and they tell me that Rose and Greyson were still sleeping. I help Leo cook as they talk. "Hey, can River and I get the house to ourselves tonight?" I ask Leo and Roman.

They nod their head and tell me that they will go and pick up some clothes and stuff later on and tell Greyson to pick up stuff when he gets up. I thank them and grab River's food before I head to River's room. I open the door and see her just getting up.

She looks up at me from her phone. She smiles softly as she sits up. She still had sleepiness in her eyes as she held her arms out for me. I walk over to the bed and set down her plate before I lay down on the bed and lean into River's arms.

"Good morning, beautiful," I whisper against her lips. My head lays in her lap as one arm tilts my chin up and the other is draped over my shoulder onto my chest.

I feel River's smile as she presses her lips to mine. When River pulls away, I can't help but admire her beauty. My eyes move from her brown hazel eyes to the way her lips are perfectly shaped. Seeing her barefaced whether it was morning or night always left me speechless.

"What's going on in that beautiful head of yours?" River asks me as she runs her finger over my cheekbone. My eyes flutter shut at her touch, when I open them I see her biting her cheek to keep the smile off her lips from the effect she has on me.