Chapter 1 - Part 3

"Why do you always do that thing?" Yelena asking Nat.

"Do what?" Nat asks back.

"The thing you do when you're fighting. The... Like, the... This thing that you do when you whip your hair when you're fighting with the arm and the hair. And you do, Like, a fighting pose. *Laughing* It's a... *Laughs again* It's a fighting pose. You're a total poser."
I tried to hold my laughter but she kept going so I started laughing and then I say to Nat "As mush as i hate to say it I agree with Yelena. I'm not gonna lie." And then started laughing again.

Nat says "I'm not a poser."

Yelena then carries on by saying "Oh, come on. I mean, they're great poses, but It does look like you think everyone's looking at you, like, all the time."

Nat then started saying "All that time I spent Posing, I was trying to actually do something good to make up for all the pain and suffering that we caused. Trying to be more than just a trained killer."

Yelena then tells her "Well, then You were fooling yourself because pain and suffering is every day and we are both still a trained killer. Except I'm not the one that's on the cover of a magazine. I'm not the killer that little girls call their hero."

She then looks at me and says "When are we going to talk about your powers anyway?"

I then look up at her and say "I'll tell you about it soon just not yet as I'm tired."

Yelena then starts trying to clean her wound but groans in pain.

Yelena then says "That gas, the counteragent, it was synthesised in secret by an older widow from Melina's generation. I was on the mission to retrieve it, and she exposed me and I killed the widow that freed me"

Nat then asked "Did you have a choice?"

"What you experienced was psychological conditioning. I'm talking about chemically altering brain functions. They're 2 completely different things. You're fully conscious, but you don't know which part is you. I'm still not sure." Yelena said very sadly.
I felt bad for her I was tempted to put my hand on her hand or shoulder but I couldn't bring myself to do it. But I moved next to her to help her with her wound.

I asked Yelena "Is that all that's left then? Or is there more?"

Yelena then looked at me and said "Mmm-hmm. It's the only thing that can stop Dreykov and his network of widows."
Yelena then adds "Ow. God."

I replied with "Sorry. Not, sorry. You moved so your fault."

Yelena just rolled her eyes and then carries on telling us about Dreykov. "He takes more every day. Children who don't have anyone to protect them. Just like us when we were small. Maybe one in 20 survives the training, becomes a widow. The rest he kills. To him, we are just things. Weapons with no face that he can just throw away. Because there is always more. And no one's looking for him, thanks to you and Alexei."

I cleaned Yelena's arm and then started putting a bandage on.
And Nat and I said "Alexei?" At the same time.
I carried on with Yelena's Bandage on her arm then I was finished so I said to her "Done"
Then Yelena said "Thank you, now I've got to clean your wound otherwise it will get infected."
So I said "Ok but will it sting?"

Yelena then said "Yes it will. It stung for me."

"Ok." I awnsered.

She started cleaning my leg and while she was cleaning my leg she chuckled abit then said "Dad."

Then she asked Nat "Did you ever look for your parents? Your real one's?"
And she was still cleaning my wound and then I said "Ow!"

Yelena then laughed and said "Not my fault. It's a deep cut I've got to clean it properly."