Charlie

3rd POV

As Charlie walks up to the house, Carlisle opens the door "Hello, Charlie" Carlisle greets Charlie warmly "Where's Bella?" Charlie asks anxiously, he looks paler than usual and the bags under his eyes are more pronounced. He hasn't been sleeping well.

Carlisle nods and motions for Charlie to come inside and he takes Charlie to Bella, where she's sat on the other couch with Edward opposite of Rosalie and the twins who are laying on her breasts comfortably.

"Bella?" Charlie asks surprised by her changes "Hi, Dad" Bella says while plastering a fake smile on her face and slowly standing up to greet him "Are you okay?" "Never better! Healthy as a horse" Bella assured. Charlie looked at her warily "You don't turn into an animal, too, do you?" Everyone smirks and shakes their heads "She wishes she was that awesome!" Jacob chimed in jokingly.

Edward then leaves the room to retrieve Renesmee while Carlisle and Jacob leave to give them some privacy. Meanwhile Rosalie, Eira, and Seren are trapped in their own little world with each other. Charlie and Bella then sat down.

Charlie began "Uh, Jake said that this... This was necessary. What does that mean?" Bella decided to lie and dance around the topic like she always does "I really think it would be better—" Charlie interrupts by firmly saying "I wanna know what happened to you!" Bella sighs irritatedly "I can't tell you" Charlie gave her a stern glare "I think I deserve an explanation!"

Charlie didn't want to back down like he always does. He wanted some answers, and wanted to be a part of her new life. But Bella did not want that at all.

Bella decided to manipulate Charlie to get him to back off "You do! But if you really need one, I can't stay here" Charlie suddenly stood up "Oh, come on! No! No more going away!" Bella tries to continue with her manipulative behavior "Dad, you're just gonna have to trust that for whatever reason, I'm all right. I'm more than all right. Can you live with that?"

"Can I live with that? Well, I don't know, Bella. I mean, I just watched a kid I've known his entire life turn into a very large dog. My daughter looks like my daughter.....but doesn't" Charlie says incredulously, Bella sighs annoyed "Can you please just believe that I'll tell you anything that you need to know?" "And I don't need to know this?" Charlie demanded "No" Bella stated simply.

Rosalie and the twins look over to glare at her in disgust and annoyance. Charlie was just worried and confused and wanted some decent answers. Bella could easily come up with a decent lie, but instead decides to manipulate and gaslight her father who loves her unconditionally. He only wanted to continue to be a part of her life. Even if it was just a small part.

Charlie sighed and relented, realizing that she wouldn't let him have any closure "Well... I'm not gonna lose you again. I can't" Bella smirked victoriously "Then you won't, I promise"Charlie suddenly hugs Bella. "I missed you, Bells. So much" he whispered into her hair "I missed you, Dad" Bella replied resisting the urge to roll her eyes.

As Bella and Charlie are hugging, Edward walks into the room with Renesmee "Charlie. This is Renesmee" Edward introduced, Charlie and Bella pulled away and Charlie looks over at the infant in Edward's arms "Your niece?" He asks, "Our daughter" Edward corrects, and Charlie nods remembering "Oh, right, the adoption."

Charlie looks at Renesmee for a moment then tries to pronouncing her unusual name "Renee-semee?" He stares at her for a moment "She's got some pretty hazel blue eyes there. Wonder which color will win out. Pretty little thing, I'm curious about the whole sudden adoption but I guess that's need to know too huh?" Bella nods her head and smiles.

Edward and Bella finally noticed the changes in Renesmee's appearance. Her eyes were slowly, but steadily turning blue, and the blonde in her hair was becoming more pronounced as the reddish brown began to fade. "She gets it from my mother's side" Edward lies smoothly. Charlie nods then turns to see Rosalie and her twins.

Charlie walks over to her "Hello, there Rosalie, how are you?" Rosalie looks up and smiles. She always liked Charlie, he was a good man, a good sheriff, and an amazing dad too bad he was Bella's father. "I'm doing great sheriff!" Charlie smiles and nodded "I can tell, you're really glowing. Motherhood is becoming you Miss Hale" Rosalie beamed at the praise "Thank you, Charlie."

Charlie smiles and nods before looking at the curious faces of the babies. Rosalie's relationship with her daughters was completely different from Bella's and hers. Granted Bella adopted a child while Rosalie had hers, but still Bella just didn't seem to care about that sweet little girl.

"What are their names?" He asked "This is Eira Belle" Rosalie gestured to the baby with blonde tuffs peeking through "and this is Seren Skye" she gestured to the baby with tuffs of black hair. Charlie tilted his head at the unusual but better than Renesmee names and asked "Seren and Eira?" Rosalie nodded and said "They're Welsh names. Eira means 'snow' and Seren means 'star'" Rosalie explained.

Charlie nodded with a smile and said "They're beautiful. Both the names and the girls, they're gonna be little heartbreakers when they're older, just like their mother" Rosalie laughed at him and nodded as Emmett entered the room with bottles and groaned "Don't remind me!" Everyone laughed at that.

Except for Edward and Bella. Bella felt jealousy flare up in her once again "Charlie! Do you want to hold Renesmee?" She asked, Charlie turned to look at her and nodded, but turned back to look at Rose "I'll let you feed the kiddos, and visit with you later?" Rosalie smiled and nodded "I'd like that" Charlie smiled before going back to Bella.

After a few hours of visiting it was time for Charlie to go home. As they watch Charlie drive off Edward praised "Well done, Bella. Never seen a newborn show that kind of restraint" Emmett retorted "I'm not sure she is a newborn. She's so tame" Edward glared at him "Emmett, don't antagonize her. She's the strongest one in the house" Emmett scoffed "Please."

This leads to an arm wrestling match in the woods between Bella and Emmett. Emmett beats Bella easily and everyone claps, Emmett turns to Rosalie and scoops his girls up on a hug.