Bonfires and war stories

3rd POV

As the snow is falling, the vampires and Jacob have set up camp in the woods, Jacob brings some wood and drops it on the ground, then Benjamin uses his powers to produce fire from his fingertips and throws it on the woods to start a fire "That's what I'm talkin' about. A little pre-battle bonfire. Telling war stories" Jacob says as he sits next to Benjamin and looks across the fire and sees the other vampires standing around them staring blankly.

"Or just standing there like frickin' statues" Leah mutters as she sits next to Tanya. Suddenly Garrett spins in and sits next to them by the fire "Name any American battle. I was there!" He boasts "Little Bighorn" Seth says eager for his answer "I came this close to biting Custer. But the lndians got him first!" Just then Kate spins in and sits on Garrett's lap "Try Oleg's assault on Constantinople. He didn't win that one on his own."

"If you're talking battles, you're talking war the Eleven Years' War. No one does rebellion like the Irish" Liam of the Irish coven speaks up "You lost the Eleven Years' War" Garret points out "Aye. But it was one hell of a rebellion" Liam smirks. Sitting around the camp fire with the other vampires begin to tell their stories including the Romanians.

"When we ruled, everything came to us. Prey, diplomats, favor seekers. Such was our power. But we never put on white hats and called ourselves saints" Vladimir began "We were honest about what we were" Stefan simplified "We sat still for a very long time. We didn't notice we were beginning to petrify" Vladimir continued darkly "Perhaps the Volturi did us a favor when they burned our castles" Stefan added sadly.

"We've been waiting 1,500 years to return that favor. We have been ready to do battle for ages" Vladimir finished determined.

Further from the campsite and near the tent that Rosalie and Emmett set up earlier. "I can't help thinking, all these people are putting themselves in danger because Edward fell in love with a human" Emmett spoke softly Carlisle sighed "We thought that he found his mate. We wanted him to be happy" "But at what cost?" Emmett said frowning, dropping his usual up beat attitude as he admits his anger towards Edward and Bella putting their family in danger on multiple occasions.

Carlisle placed his hand on his son's shoulder "Everyone here has something to fight for. I certainly do" Emmett looks over at Rosalie and the girls in their tent. "Carlisle, I've never thanked you. For this extraordinary life" Emmett admits Carlisle smiles as they stand and keep watching over the others.

Meanwhile in the tent "Tomorrow I'm gonna need you to stay with Jacob, Leah, and Seth. No matter what. Even if I tell them that... That they need to take you somewhere. Cynthia, Eira, and Seren started to cry and Rose takes them into her arms. "Hey, my darlings, it's all right. You're gonna be safe. Always." Rose vows.

Three different colored backpacks filled with money, and their lockets along with notes from their parents are inside. For that 'just in case'.