The last witness

3rd POV

Two more witnesses, walking in from the woods, they come and stand next to Alice. One male and one female. The female is obviously a vampire judging by her red eyes. Both are wearing tribal clothes and have caramel russet skin and frizzy raven hair.

"I've been searching for witnesses of my own among the Ticuna tribes of Brazil" Alice starts to explain, "We have enough witnesses!" Caius snaps, but Aro raises his hand and says "Let him speak, brotherl the unknown male speaks "My name is Nahuel. I am half human, half vampire. Like the child. A vampire seduced my mother, who died giving birth to me. My aunt Huilen raised me as her own. I made her immortal" he explains, "How old are you?" Rosalie asks on behalf of Cynthia.

Nahuel turns to face her and says "A hundred and fifty years" "At what age did you reach maturity?" Aro asks with an interested expression. Nahuel turned back to face the kings and answered "I became full-grown seven years after my birth. I have not changed since then" "And your diet?" Aro asks again looking extremely curious and invested in Nahuel and his life's story.

Nahuel shrugged and said "Blood, human food. I can survive on either" "These children are much like us" Marcus comments, "Regardless, the Cullens have been consorting with werewolves. Our natural enemies" Caius begins, feeling a deep hatred for the creatures before them. Aro turns and places a comforting hand on Caius's arm before addressing his army.

"Dear ones, there is no danger here. We will not fight today" Aro said happily, he truly didn't want to kill his old friend. Aro was concerned though, after all the tension and drama caused by Edward and Isabella, could he still call Carlisle his friend?

Some of the Volturi look disappointed, including Caius, but they all listen to Aro and quickly leave, then before leaving Aro looks at Alice and the girls "Such a prize" he mumbles to himself before Aro then turns and leaves as well.

After the Volturi leave Vladimir speaks up "We have them on the run! Now is the time to attack!" Vladimir and Stefan both lunged towards the retreating Volturi, but Carlisle gets in front of them and stops them in their tracks "Not today!" Carlisle says simply. He wanted to protect his old friends.

"You're all fools! The Volturi might be gone. But they will never forgive what happened here!" Stefan snarls, but the Cullens and their witnesses do not listen so Vladimir and Stefan leave in anger and everyone else rejoices in the fact that they did not have to fight the Volturi.

Alice and Jasper run back to their family and snatched Cynthia off of Jacob's back "Mommy! Daddy! You're back!" A fourteen year old looking Cynthia says, Alice and Jasper get teary eyed and say "Yes, baby, we're back. Now we have all the time in the world together!"

Everyone was cheering happily. Everyone was happy and relieved that the Volturi was made to see. Despite their bloody history, all of the witnesses knew that the Volturi were just trying to keep the Volturi safe. Well, almost all the witnesses.

Edward and Bella were scowling at all of the happy covens. Rosalie and Emmett were holding Eira and Seren as they chatted with the Denali's with Seth and Leah close by. Alice held Cynthia on her hip as she and Jasper reunited with Carlisle and Esme, with Jacob close to them.

It wasn't fair! Edward and Bella were supposed to be them! They were supposed to be their parents! Why couldn't anyone see how wrong this all was?! Their daughters had been stolen from them!

Jealousy and hatred festered in them. This was not going to end well. Bella was always mentally unstable, but this was amplified in her turning into a vampire. Edward was so blinded and manipulated by Bella that he could no longer see right from wrong anymore.

What were they going to do?