[ 002 ] are we invincible?

— CHAPTER TWO.
are we invincible?

THE NEXT MORNING, ODESSA has to beg her father to let her go with him and the others to clear out the court yard. He eventually caves, causing the teen to grin with excitement.

Her knife is in hand as they enter the courtyard. As they move deeper into the courtyard, the group keeps their backs to each other. They don't break rank as they kill any walker that approaches them.

A walker came snarling towards Odessa, she quickly bunches its prison jumper in her hand and pushes the blade into its brain.

She releases the prison suit, the walker falling to the ground at her feet.

She kills another quickly

And that when T-Dog breaks the rank. "Don't break rank!" Rick shouts at him. Odessa looks over her shoulder, catching sight of T-Dog grabbing a riot shield off of the ground.

"We need that!" T-Dog yells back to her father. A walker makes its way over to him, T-Dog knocks it away with the riot shield in his hand.

Odessa moves fast, breaking rank despite her father's shouts for her not to. Odessa slams her foot down onto the head of the that T-Dog shoved away. She looks to the man. "I got you," she grins at one of her two best friends.

T-Dog smirks back.

"Almost there," Rick encourages as the duo rejoin the group. Her father glances around the corner but he quickly moves back. The look on his face tells them that there's more walkers around the corner.

Odessa stands beside Daryl. Her eyes settle on the dumpster as two walkers in full riot gear stumble out from behind it.

Then two more come face-to-face with them.

Odessa grimaces as one of the walkers in riot gear sets its gaze on her. She surges forward, attempting to stab her knife through the mask. It doesn't even crack. No luck.

The walker reaches for her but she swiftly ducks away for it. When she stands to her full height, she stands behind the walker. It doesn't have time to fully turn around before Odessa's boot covered connects with its back. It falls to the ground, giving Odessa the opportunity to stab it in the back of its head.

She rips her knife from its skull before glaring down at the walker. She spits on it, muttering a quick, "fuck you."

When she rejoins the others, all of the riot-clad walkers are dead and the other gate is shut, keeping the rest of the walkers at bay.

"It looks secure," Glenn says.

"Not from the look of that courtyard over there," Daryl motions to the walker infested courtyard. And then to a dead walker. "And that's a civilian."

"So the interior could be overrun with walkers from outside the prison." T-Dog asks.

"Well, if there's walls down, what're we gonna do? We can't rebuild this whole place." Glenn states.

"We can't risk a blind spot. We have to push in," Rick informs them. They know what that means. So, they push in further. Daryl leads them through a caged walkway and into the prison itself.

As soon as they enter the prison, the smell of decay hits Odessa's nostrils. The smell makes her gag, causing Maggie to glance over at her.

They walk into the common area, paper are strewn across the floor, old blood is splattered all around the room. The sound of water dripping continuously scratches Odessa's brain in the wrong way.