[ 016 ] say the word.

CHAPTER SIXTEEN.
say the word.

RICK GRIMES AND PHILIP Blake agreed to meet and negotiate. So that's what they did. Daryl and Hershel went with Rick which left Odessa and Glenn with Merle Dixon.

It took everything in Odessa not to kill the bastard. Odessa was in and out of the common area. She was left with making sure Theo was okay and helping get ready for an attack.

As she separated the ammo into piles she heard Merle's ugly voice speak up, "what we should be doing is loadin' some of this firepower in a truck and payin' a visit to the Governor. We know where he is right now."

"Are you suggesting that we just go in and kill him?" Glenn turned to the redneck.

"Yeah, I am." Merle responded.

"We told Rick and Daryl that we'd stay put." Michonne spoke up.

"I've changed my mind, sweetheart. Bein' on the sideline with my brother out there ain't sittin' right with me." Merle said.

"My dad is out there and I don't like it. Maggie and Beth's dad is out there as well and he has one leg. If anyone is gonna be okay, it's Daryl. Now shut up," Odessa hissed.

Glenn nodded in agreement with Odessa. "The three of them are right in the middle of it. No idea we're coming. They could get taken hostage or killed. A thousand things could go wrong."

"And they will," Merle retorted.

"My dad can take care of himself," Carl turned to Merle.

"He's right. He can." Odessa glanced up at Merle.

"Sorry, kids, but your dad's head could be on a pike real soon," Merle replied.

"Shut up!" Odessa nearly shouted. "Just shut up, Merle! The only reason you're here is because of Daryl! You're lucky I don't fucking kill you right now!"

"Kill me," Merle scoffed.

"Yeah, kill you! I have no problem making you number five! It isn't the right move. Not right now. We are not risking Dad, Hershel, and Daryl by putting them in the crossfire."

"That's final," Glenn nodded before leaving.

Merle's eyes cut to Odessa. Her hand was on her gun. "I swear, Merle. I don't care if Daryl will hate me or not."

She turned and left to check on Theo. When she entered his cell, she plopped down on the stool. "Wake up, Theo," she said. "Your dad and mine are meeting right now to negotiate. It's not like they're gonna come to any terms. We're gonna go to war, Theo."

She sighed and rubbed her eyes. "If you don't wake up soon, I'm gonna kick your ass when you do. Because that's what you're gonna do. You are gonna wake up."

A loud shout came from the common area causing Odessa to spring up. Then a gunshot. She rushed in to see Beth standing with a gun pointed at the ceiling. She followed her girlfriend's line of sight to where Merle was on top of Glenn on the ground and Michonne and Maggie holding Merle back.

Merle shook the two women off of him but was met with a gun pointed between his eyes.

Odessa Grimes's eyes were narrowed with anger and challenge. "Put your hands on one of my people again." She whispered. "And I swear on my life, I will end yours."

She pulled back and eyed him for a moment. She turned to walk away before Merle spoke
Up, "four's a lot of people, sweetheart."

She turned and looked at him over her shoulder. "Don't make to five, Dixon."