[ 013 ] hallucinations.

— CHAPTER THIRTEEN.
hallucinations. 

LEAVE OR STAY. THOSE were the decisions the group was left with. They could run or they could stay. Flee with their tails between their legs or fight back. Live or die. Kill or be killed.

Odessa refused to leave. She wanted to burn down Woodbury. She wanted to torture the Governor. And the man in the common area? Everyone was sure Odessa was going to rip out Merle Dixon's teeth with a pair of pliers. Honestly, when Carl suggested it she seemed a little too happy about such a gruesome thing to do to a human being.

Every time she got a mere glimpse of Merle she sent him a hateful look. He always responded with a sarcastic wink that fueled her anger more.

But while Odessa raged, she also began to lose sight of who she truly was. Four people. She had murdered four people. Shane Walsh. The two men at Woodbury. And whoever drove the van into the prison yard.

Four people

Dead

By her hands.

"We're not leaving," Rick spoke firmly.

"We can't stay here," Hershel argued back.

"What if there's another sniper? A wood pallet won't stop one of those rounds." Maggie said.

"We can't even go outside," Beth spoke up.

"Not in the daylight," Carol quickly backed her up.

"Rick says we're not running, we're not running," Glenn said firmly.

"No, better to live like rats," Merle said from the common area.

"You got a better idea?" Rick turned to him.

"Yeah, we shoulda slid outta here last night and loved to fight another day. But we lost that window, didn't we? I'm sure he's got scouts on every road outta this place by now." Merle said.

"There is no we," Odessa hissed. "There's an us and there's a you."

"We ain't scared of the prick," Daryl stepped in to diffuse whatever was about to happen between Merle and Odessa.

"Y'all should be. That truck through the fence thing, shootin' his own son through the gut, that's just him ringin' the doorbell. We might have some thick walls to hide behind, but he's got the guns and the numbers. And if he takes the high ground around this place, shoot, he could just starve us out if he wanted to." Merle informed them.

Philip's son.

Theo Blake.

He was alive.

Thank God for that.

Theo lived despite his unconscious body laying in his cell a couple feet away from where Odessa stood. Hershel stitched him up, made sure there was no infection. He was checked up on every couple minutes, just as a precaution.

"Let's put him in the other cell block," Maggie spoke up.

"No. He's got a point." Of course Daryl would agree with his big brother.

"This is all you! You started this!" Maggie shouted at Merle. Angry at him for starting all of this. Angry because he was the cause of an unnecessary war.

"What difference whose fault it is? What do we do?" Beth asked from above.

"I said we should leave. Now Axel's dead and Theo's lucky to be alive. We can't just sit here," Hershel said. Rick looked at him before turning his back. As Rick walked away, Hershel stood on his crutches and shouted, "get back here!"