[ 018 ] the start of something new.

— CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.
the start of something new.

THEY WERE READY. THE group was ready for battle. They were ready for war. They were ready to kill.

Beth, Carl, Hershel, and Judith were leaving for the woods during the battle. Carl was angry he couldn't stay and fight. He was pissed because Odessa got to but he didn't.

It took Odessa some serious convincing to stay and fight but they needed her. She was strong and she was a good fighter. Especially with her knife. She could kill three men with it if she wanted to.

But she was given an an AR-15 for what was to come. Theo stood beside her with his own M16.

"You aren't gonna hesitate this time, are you?" Odessa glanced at him.

The blonde rolled his eyes at her comment. "Not this time, Des."

"Good." She nodded. "Because they aren't gonna hesitate when they see you, Theo."

"If Cole is there... or Angela." He started but was cut off by Odessa.

"You've already given us the description of both of them. All of us know not to aim to kill Cole or Angela. Maybe a graze to the arm or leg do make it seem like we're aimin' for them but we know not to shoot to kill." She reassured him.

"If he has them fighting," Theo's nose twitched angrily. "I'm gonna kill him."

"You're gonna kill him anyway." Odessa said. "It's time."

─────────

Cole and Angela Tanner did not want to be here. They didn't want to fight. Angela was not a fighter. Cole preferred not to fight. The mother and son both mutually agreed not to fire at any of the prison people.

As Cole walked into a cell he saw a hidden note under the pillow. He quickly but sneakily pulled it out and read the words.

COLE

WE AREN'T AIMING TO KILL YOU OR ANGELA. BUT DON'T GET BUTT HURT IF EITHER OF YOU GET GRAZED

THEO

He quickly shoved the note in his pocket and stepped out of the cell. He told his mother of what he found and she nodded.

Theo and Odessa stood in the tombs. Both with their guns ready and their minds prepared.

When Odessa saw the eyepatch she let the flash bang fly. A second later so did Theo.

Immediately, both ducked behind the wall. Gunshots pinged all around them. The Governor's people were screaming and firing at the oncoming walkers.

The enemy hightailed it out of the tombs and into the courtyard where the gunfire continued as Maggie and Glenn attacked them.

Shortly, the gunfire stopped.

Odessa and Theo slowly came out of the tombs followed by the others.

They met at the at edge of the courtyard. Odessa examined the aftermath in the field.

"We did it. We drove 'em out." Rick said to his people.