[ 009 ] breaking point.

— CHAPTER NINE.
breaking point.

mentions of sexual assault and rape

TAPE. WOODEN TABLE. CONCRETE floor. Wooden beams. That's what surrounded Odessa. She could hear everything that was going on in the room beside her, where Glenn was.

It was the sound of grunts, punches being landed, Merle's shouting voice.

She squeezed her eyes shut tightly in fear of what was to happen to her. Sweat beaded at her hairline and tears gathered in her eyes.

She took a deep breath and gathered her senses. She had to be strong. She couldn't show fear because men like Merle Dixon fed off of other people's fear. She had to stay silent. She couldn't give up that prison. Not with Carl and her baby sister there. She'd die before she did that.

When they arrived, they took all of her weapons. Her pistol, her treasured knife, her brass knuckles. Even the little knives she had hidden along her clothes.

And she was left with nothing.

─────────

Meanwhile—

Theo was slammed against the cage. "What the fuck, man!?" He exclaimed wildly. "We brought back formula for a baby and this is how treat us?"

The man who slammed Theo against the cage cocked his head to the side. "What's your name?"

"Theo! Get off me, man! We're not gonna try some dumb shit!" Theo shoved the man away from him. "Jesus, if we were bad people we wouldn't have brought the formula."

The man looked down at Michonne, "wake her up."

"Yeah, okay," Theo nodded and gave him the side-eye. He kneeled beside Michonne and gently touched her arm. "Hey, wake up." He whispered and her eyes slowly peeled open.

Her eyes locked with Theo but then she saw the strangers standing behind him. She immediately reached for her sword but the man who slammed Theo against the cage kicked it away from her reach.

"We're not gonna hurt you unless you try something stupid first." The man said to her.

"Rick," a new voice interrupted. Theo looked in the direction of the voice and saw a man with a sleeveless shirt on. His eyebrows shot up, he wasn't too shabby looking. "Who the hell is this?"

The man, Rick, looked down at Michonne. "You wanna tell us your name?" When she didn't respond he asked again.

Michonne only stared at the man.

"Y'all wanna come on in here?" The new stranger asked.

"Everything alright?" Rick looked back at him.

"You're gonna wanna see this." The man replied.

"Go ahead. Carl, get those bags," Rick instructed the younger boy. Theo glanced over at him. He couldn't have been more than thirteen years old. "We'll keep these safe and sound." Rick held up Michonne's sword and Theo's weapons. "The doors are all locked. You'll both be safe here. And we can treat that." He motioned to Michonne's gun shot. "And those bruises."

Theo reached up in attempt to shield the bruises his father gave him.

"We didn't ask for your help," Michonne hissed.