[ 004 ] introductions.

CHAPTER FOUR.
introductions.

mentions of child abuse and self—harm

THEODORE BLAKE WOUDLN'T GO as far as calling himself suicidal.

He just really fucking hated his dad. Phillip Blake was an asshole. In another life, he had two children and a wife. He was happy.

But now, after the Fall, he had no wife. All he had was a dead daughter and a son he hit the shit out of daily.

Theo currently rested on roof of his apartment complex. He lounged in his large beach chair with a radio and a cooler by his side. An umbrella shielded him the Senoia, Georgia sun.

He took a swig of his beer and leaned his head back. Then he heard the roar of trucks on the roads below. He stood from his spot and walked to the edge of the roof.

He watched as two women, one black and one white, were led from the trucks and into a building below. Another man was pulled out of the other truck on a gurney.

He huffed to himself. Would his father kill these people too and put their heads in fish tanks? Probably so.

He didn't bother to leave the roof. He stayed up there a lot. Sometimes Cole joined him.

Cole Tanner was the closest thing Theo had to a brother. Cole was four years older than Theo, making him twenty-two.

Cole had been at Woodbury for about seven months now. His mother was the kindest person Theo'd ever met. She baked cookies whenever someone new arrived at Woodbury. Would she make cookies for the two new women? She sang and she danced at parties. She read the children books and she played games with them. She visited the elderly who had no family.

Cole and his mom didn't like the Governor. All because of how he treated Theo. Cole even threatened him once and then the Governor threatened to throw him and his mom out for the biters.

As night settled, Theo returned home. He opened their front door silently but unbeknownst to him, his father sat in a chair in the dark living room.

As Theo shut the door, his father switched on the lamp. Theo let out a small shout of surprise before he held his chest in attempt to calm his ponding heart.

"Where you been, son?" His dad asked him.

"On the roof, as always," Theo replied. The Governor responded only by nodding. "Who're those women you brought in today?"

"If you joined us down here in the real world you would know," he said. Theo's fingers twitched into fists inside his jacket pockets.

"I like it up there better," Theo replied.

His father's lips twitched upwards into an angry smile. He pressed the palms of his hands against the arms of his chair and stood up.

Theo's fists clenched tighter as his father walked towards him one slow step at a time. When he finally reached his son, he looked down at him.

fallen angels → the walking dead ²जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें