[ 010 ] rescue mission from hell.

— CHAPTER TEN.
rescue mission from hell.

mentions of self—harm

AS SOON AS THE door opened, Glenn, Maggie, and Odessa lunged. Odessa managed a muffled grunt as she shoved the man back and shoved the walker bone into his heart. His eyes shot wide and he gaped at her.

She scrunched her nose as she yanked the bone out. His blood spurted out of his punctured heart as he slumped against the wall.

She noticed her weapons on his person. Her knife, her gun, and even the brass knuckles Merle used to beat her near to death.

Before she could turn back to Merle, the barrel of a gun was pointed at the base of her skull. She stopped. "Drop it!" The man hissed. She did as told and raised her arms.

Merle and the other men ushered the three into the same room they were in before and forced them onto their knees.

Odessa lost her shirt in the attack. She felt vulnerable. More than she had in eight months. Maggie reached for her hand and held onto it tightly.

"Glad we could catch up," Merle spoke to them. A moment later, a bag was thrown over Odessa's head. Someone grabbed her arm and started shouting for them to move.

As they were led from the room, Odessa heard a clank and then an explosion. She reached up and yanked the bag off of her head. She scrambled for the man she'd killed and grabbed her weapons off of him.

"I gotcha," someone grabbed her arm. She looked to her side and saw a boy she'd never seen before. Through her blurred vision she saw her people. Her dad, Daryl, Oscar. They'd come for them. The boy with shaggy blonde hair gripped Odessa's arm tightly as they ran from the place they'd been tortured.

They ran through the streets of Woodbury until they came across a little restaurant. As soon as they were in the door, Rick was grabbing Odessa's shoulders.

"How bad are you hurt? Where's you shirt?" He questioned her as he checked her face.

Rick glanced down at Odessa's arms and saw the bandages on her wrists. They were stained with new blood. Whether it was her blood or not she didn't know. She shuffled on her feet and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Here," the boy she didn't know spoke up. He shrugged off his black zip up jacket and handed it to her.

She nodded her thanks and took it. She quickly tugged it on and zipped it up.

"She can't talk. Her jaw is swollen shut," Maggie informed Rick.

"Daryl, this was Merle." Glenn told the brother. Daryl looked at him. "It was. This was him."

"You saw him?" Rick looked to him.

"Face to face. He threw a walker at me. He was gonna execute us," Glenn spoke. "He's the one that beat Odessa so bad."

Daryl looked over at Odessa and took in her wounds. Black eyes, busted nose, swollen and bruised jaw, cuts on her cheeks, blood seeping from her lip.