[ 008 ] holy shit, it's officer friendly's dauguter!

CHAPTER EIGHT.
holy shit, it's officer friendly's daughter!

ODESSA SAT IN THE seat of the Cherokee. Her head pressed against the window. "You okay, Des?" Maggie looked back at her worriedly.

The young girl shrugged. "I guess," was her response. Glenn and Maggie shared a look of concern. They were both scared the girl was going to go down the same road as her father. Rick had taken a trip to crazytown and just kept spiraling farther and farther down.

"Odessa, if you ever need someone—"

"You're here. I know. I've been told the same thing over and over by everyone. I don't need anyone, okay?" Odessa snapped without meaning to. She frowned at her outburst and pulled her legs to her chest.

She didn't mean to snap like that. She really didn't. She was just so angry. She didn't get it. Why did this have to happen to the group? To her?

First it was Dale.

Then Shane, even if she hated him.

Andrea was gone too. More than likely dead. 

And now T-Dog and her mother.

Glenn pulled into the parking lot of the outlet. The trio got out of the Cherokee and Odessa pulled her gun from its holster. She and Maggie's looked around before Maggie spoke, "clear outside."

They approached Glenn and Maggie looked up at the clear blue sky. "It's a beautiful day."

"Ironic," Odessa scoffed. Ironic how it could be such a beautiful day when people were gone and never coming back.

Glenn grabbed the bolt cutters from the Cherokee and cut the chains on the door. As he opened them, a couple birds flew out. Odessa yelped as they flew past her head. Once they were gone, she stood to her full height.

"Glenn, get the duck," Maggie instructed.

"What?" He looked back at her with a laugh.

"Get that duck. A kid growin' up in a prison could use some toys." Maggie told him.

From behind a nearby van, two individuals watched the trio. Theo looked at Michonne and whispered, "the same prison we're going to?"

"It's the only one around here," she responded. 

A couple minutes later, Glenn walked from the store and held up a basket for the two to look at. "We just hit the powered formula jackpot."

"Oh, thank God," Odessa sighed in relief. Her sister wouldn't starve to death.

"I also got beans, batteries, cocktail wieners, many mustards." Glenn listed off. "It's a straight shot back to the prison from here. Probably make it back evidently dinner."

"I like the quiet. Back there, back home, you can always hear 'em outside the fence no matter where ya are." Maggie said.

"At least we're alive to hear them," Odessa looked back at her.