Ch. 10 - Yellow

Yellow - Coldplay

"Look at the stars, Look how they shine for you. And everything you do. Yeah, they were all yellow."

--

We made it back to the club to find Aubrey already waiting outside for us.

"Hey, Liz, there you are." She greeted her friend with a fuzzy smile. "Have fun?" She added with a wink.

Wonder what that was about?

"Yeah, I did." Lizzie answered, glancing up at me. I returned her gaze and winked at her just like Aubrey did only moments before. Then, it happened. She scrunched her nose up at me and I swear to all that is holy, if I wasn't absolutely freezing from not having my jacket anymore, I would have melted on the spot. I let out a small gasp when she did it that she most likely noticed. That was the cutest fucking thing I have ever seen.

And yeah, she definitely noticed because her face completely shifted into a smirk that made my whole body heat up. Nope, not cold anymore. That fixed it.

Aubrey, being too drunk to notice the little exchange we just had, turned her attention back to Lizzie. "The Uber will be here in about five minutes, Liz."

"Okay cool. I'm actually surprised you managed to get it ordered, drunky." she shot back.

Aubrey gave her a sarcastic smile and threw up her middle finger in response as I laughed at the interaction between the two friends. I could tell they were close and cared about each other a lot and it made me smile.

Aubrey spoke up again. "I'm going to move a little closer to the club to try and get better service so I can track when the car is going to pull up."

We both nodded at her in response as she walked a few steps closer to the bar, her eyes glued to her phone screen.

I looked back at Lizzie and her gorgeous green eyes. "I had a really great night with you, Lizzie. Like, the best night I've had in a while. Thank you, again."

"You're welcome, Y/N. I had the best night with you as well." She replied as she gave me a warm smile.

"I hope this doesn't come off too forward. I know we've only known each other for a few hours, but is there any way I can see you again?" I asked nervously. I was so scared the answer was going to be 'no'. I mean, she's a huge movie star who is probably way too busy and I'm just some random high school teacher from Tampa, FL. Plus, she might not even want to see me again. Maybe she just saw tonight as helping out a stranger in need.

However, she grinned at me again and said "Actually, yeah. I think I'd like that."

My eyes widened as I realized what she said. Holy shit. She said yes?! I couldn't help the huge ass grin that covered my face.

"The only problem is that tonight was our last night in Tampa. We leave our hotel tomorrow morning at 9am to go to the airport to head back to LA."

My face fell a little. Of course, she lives in LA. How the fuck did I forget that?

I could tell she was weighing some options in her head. She must have come to a decision about whatever she was thinking about because she spoke up again. "Y/N, if I ask for your phone number, you promise you won't sell mine on the internet?" She asked with a questioning eyebrow raise.

My face lit up at the question and I let out a small chuckle. Was I about to get my biggest celebrity crush's phone number? I must be dreaming.

Putting on a more serious face so she knew I wasn't lying, I responded "Of course not, I would never. I promise."

She smiled again and nodded. "I trust you."

We exchanged devices and created contacts for ourselves in each other's phones. We handed them back and, to my surprise, she pulled me close beside her and raised her arm to take a selfie. We both cheesed hard as fuck and laughed at how it turned out. I caught her setting it as my contact photo and she sent it to me in a text message so I had the picture too.

That picture was now in the top five most important things in my life.

"Text me when you guys get back to your hotel please. Just so I know you are both safe."

"Of course. You do the same, okay?"

"Okay." I replied, slipping my phone back into my back pocket.

Aubrey walked back up to us and grabbed Lizzie's arm. "The car is here, Liz, let's go. It was really great to meet you, Y/N! I'm sure I'll see you again soon." She winked at me.

"I hope so, Aubrey." I replied smiling and glanced down at Lizzie who looked like she was trying to suppress a smile.

Lizzie started walking away with Aubrey before she remembered something and turned around.

"Wait, Y/N! I still have your jacket!" She started to take it off before I stopped her.

"No, keep it. It looks better on you anyways." Damn, where did that confidence come from? I smiled at my ability to make a bold statement and also feel good about it. Who was I tonight?

I could've swore she blushed again but she hid it just as quickly as it came.

"Bye, Y/N."

"Bye, Lizzie."

I watched as she got into the car beside Aubrey in the back seat and closed the door. The car drove off and I watched it go until it was too far for me to see anymore. I took a second to myself to let the events of the night sink in. 

I stood there and let my head drop back as I looked at the stars. Man, they seemed to really shine tonight. Like they were putting on their best performance just for us. I let a huge smile fill my face as I started chuckling to myself.

This was the best night of my fucking life.

Remembering that Taylor told me she was still staying the night tonight, so I went inside to grab her from her co-workers. Luckily, she was ready to go and we ordered our own Uber to take us back to my apartment.

We finally walked through the door at 2am. I had just enough energy to take a quick shower, wash my face to get the makeup off and get into bed. Taylor plopped down beside me on the opposite side before plugging her phone in and saying goodnight.

I sent a quick text to Lizzie, as she requested, letting her know I was home safe.

Me: Hey, Lizzie. Just got back to my apartment safe and sound.

Lizzie: Good. I was actually just about to text you. We just made it back as well.

Me: That's good. I hope you have a safe flight tomorrow and I do hope I get to see you again one day, soon. Sweet dreams, Liz.

Lizzie: I think we could arrange something;) Sweet dreams, Y/N"

I smiled hard at her response and plugged my phone in. That night, I dreamt of a brisk night on the riverwalk, scrunched noses and swirling emerald eyes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry about not posting yesterday, I had a super busy day.

If you've made it this far in the story, thank you so much! The details and ideas are coming from a very real place so I hope you continue to read and follow along.

Double update today!