Ch. 16 - Separate Ways

Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) - Journey

"Feeling that it's gone, Can't change your mind. If we can't go on, To survive the tide, love divides."

--

Lizzie's POV

I finally got to leave work around 7pm tonight. It was an early day today and I was emotionally drained since we were filming a lot of emotional scenes. We were currently filming season 2 of Sorry For Your Loss, my Facebook series. This project meant a lot to me since I got to be a producer on it. It was really fucking exhausting acting and producing on the same project, but I loved it at the same time. It gave me a greater appreciation of everything that goes on in production that the actors don't usually get to see, and all the preparation that has to happen before filming can even begin. It's really admirable and I find myself wanting to learn more and more. Who knows, maybe I'll even try directing one day? It's definitely not out of the question for me.

I slide into the front seat of my car and put my purse and belongings in the passenger side beside me. As I put my car in reverse, I heard my phone buzz beside me. I stop the car, put it back in park, and check the message that just came through.

I feel a small smile creep onto my face as I see Y/N's name on my lock screen. I quickly open the text and read what it says

Y/N: Hey, I'm going to take you up on your offer and come to LA on the 27th. I can't wait to see you.

My smile grows even wider at what she said. She's really going to come to LA. It's crazy how this complete stranger's plans have become so important to me, as well as her happiness and heart. There's just something about her and I crave to know more and more.

I close the phone screen and put the device in the cup holder for the ride home, picking an upbeat playlist that matches my mood. I will text her back when I get home. I don't want to be distracted while I'm driving because I know if she sends another text, I'll have to look at it right away. This stupid smile doesn't leave my face and I notice I'm singing and dancing along to the music a little more than I usually do.

What? I'm happy. Sue me.

I pull into the garage of my LA home, grab my things, and make my way to the door. When I make it inside, I drop my keys on the kitchen counter and my purse on a bar stool. I walk into the living room and slump into the couch, feeling how exhausted I really was.

I looked around and noticed how big the house was. When I first bought it, I was so excited that I finally had a place of my own to call home in LA. I had been renting a house until then. Buying a house was one of my major goals and when the closing was finalized, I couldn't help but become emotional. I smiled at the memory and how accomplished I felt that day.

Then Robbie moved in. Everything was perfect at first. The house felt like a home and I could see us living there for a very long time. We had plans to get a dog, get married and have children. Obviously, plans changed and I am no longer with him, but I still felt his absence every now and then. Mostly at night when I was alone in the house. It was a lot quieter without him and his loud laughter and constant singing. But, It was also a lot quieter without our continuous bickering and arguments. Don't get me wrong, I loved him, and I tried to make it work between us for a long time because I wanted it so badly. The happy ending, that is. But we just weren't as compatible as we wanted to be. I realized after a while that I loved Robbie, but I was no longer in love with Robbie. I was alone when the realization hit me like a ton of bricks and it sent me straight into a panic attack. And, since I was by myself and had no one to help pull me out of it, it felt like I was stuck in that state for hours. That was a rough night.