Ch. 32 - Bloom

Bloom - The Paper Kites

"Oh, you fill my head with pieces, Of a song I can't get out. Can I be close to you?"

--

Y/N's POV

I was killing this party if I do say so myself. I don't know if it was because I felt really good in the suit, or if it was because Lizzie never left my side, but I felt really good; confident even.

Lizzie raised her eyebrows at me a couple of times as I conversed with many different people throughout our night.

"You look like you're having fun." Lizzie whispered to me, nudging me with her shoulder.

"I am having fun. I'm having a blast actually." I beamed down at Lizzie who returned the smile.

Scar came back over with a smaller blonde in tow, holding onto her wrist to guide her to us.

"Hey, Scar." I beamed at her.

Scarlett's face lit up as she heard me use her nickname and gave an approving glance to Lizzie.

"Hey! I have one more person I would like you to meet, if you're up for it?"

"Yeah, sure, who?"

Scarlett pulled the younger girl out from behind her and I froze once more. However, I was able to come back to myself a lot faster than before.

"Hi, you must be Y/N." She started in the sweetest British accent. "My name is Florence, but you can call me Flo." She smiled as she grabbed my hand to shake it.

I returned the smile and shook her hand. "It's really nice to meet you. I've got to admit, I'm a huge fan."

"Thank you, that's really sweet." She replied smiling as she turned to Lizzie and pulled her into a hug. "It's great to see you again, Lizzie."

"You as well, Flo." Liz replied with a warm smile.

"Liz, will you come with me to get a drink?" Scar asked.

"Uh, sure." She said as she walked off with Scar. Not before giving me a warning glare which made me giggle.

"So, what do you do?" Flo asked.

"I'm a teacher in Tampa and a softball coach." I said smiling.

"Oh wow, that's amazing! What subjects do you teach?"

I smiled at her genuine curiosity and replied "I teach a reading class to students who need a little extra help. Most of them hate reading so it's a challenge, but I try to make it as interesting as I can. I make sure I have comic books, graphic novels, magazines as well as regular novels to pique their interest. It's also a lot of test taking strategies and such. I teach a health class as well. Reading in the morning, health in the afternoon."

"That's awesome. That is a really important job and I hope you know that I hold teachers to the highest respect and I really mean that."

"Wow, thank you. It definitely feels like we get overlooked sometimes but we try our best." I say chuckling a little and add on. "I loved you in Black Widow, by the way. Yelena is such a badass and I can't wait to see more of her in the future maybe...?"

She giggled back and said "You're not getting any Marvel secrest out of me, Y/N. But that's really sweet, thank you. I've loved her character so much and I feel so fortunate that I get to bring her to life."

Florence and I talked for a while and I genuinely liked being in her presence. So far, everyone I've talked to from the Marvel cast has been so genuine and down to earth. I've met Evans, Renner, Scarlett and Florence and have really loved talking with each of them.