Ch. 11 - Butterflies

Butterflies - MAX & Ali Gatie 

"I won't stop getting butterflies. I get 'em every time. I look into your eyes."

--

Lizzie's POV:

"Bye, Y/N."

"Bye, Lizzie."

I slid into the car next to Aubrey who had already fallen asleep against the opposite door. Poor thing. Aubrey could handle her alcohol pretty well. I'm just glad she had enough sense to stop tonight so that she wouldn't get sick. I love her, but I did not want to have to take care of her in that capacity again. 

Been there, done that, don't want to go back.

I closed the door and looked at Y/N as we slowly pulled away from the curb and onto the downtown street. She definitely couldn't see me since the windows of this car were tinted and it was really dark outside, which I was thankful for since I was definitely staring. 

I kept my eyes on her as we drove away and noticed that she did the same.

That's cute.

I smirked to myself, glad that Aubrey was passed the fuck out or she would tease me about it if she noticed.

We got back to the hotel around 2am. I helped Aubrey back into the room, into some clothes she would be comfortable sleeping in, and into bed. After my nightly routine, I followed suit and crawled in bed next to her. I've known her for a while now and we were so comfortable around each other that we didn't mind sharing a bed. And even if I did mind, Aubrey wouldn't care and would get in bed next to me anyways so, might as well.

I realized I still needed to text Y/N and let her know that we made it back safely. I grabbed my phone and opened the message app and was immediately greeted with the selfie I took of us in front of the bar. We looked really happy in that picture and looking at it made me smile.

As I tapped the messaging box to start my text, Y/N beat me to it and her message popped up first.

Y/N: Hey, Lizzie. Just got back to my apartment safe and sound.

I smiled at her text and began to type my own reply.

Me: Good. I was actually just about to text you. We just made it back as well.

Y/N: That's good. I hope you have a safe flight tomorrow and I hope I do get to see you again one day, soon. Sweet dreams, Liz.

Liz. That's the first time she's called me that. The realization made a smile spread across my face and a light blush to fill my cheeks. It's so crazy how comfortable I felt around her in such a short time. That rarely happens with me but I hope she feels the same. I really try to be the most genuine, open person that I can so when someone is comfortable with me, it's one of the biggest compliments. And the truth is, I do want to see her again. I turn my attention back to my phone and type my final reply of the night.

Lizzie: I think we could arrange something;). Sweet dreams, Y/N"

That night, I went to bed with a big ass smile on my face. I could see us becoming really great friends really quickly. And I know she has a huge ass crush on me. That's what I overheard her and her friend Taylor talking about in that club. That's the reason I even went over to her at that table in the first place. I did it originally as a joke. I just thought I would be surprising a fan and maybe take a picture or two. But, something about her made me want to stay. Like I told her earlier by the river, I thought she was interesting. The fact that I even went with her to the river was telling. I mean, she was a complete stranger after all and I just went with her. That's not my usual decision making process at all. But, I just wanted to know more about her, whatever she would tell me. I was hypnotized by her voice. She could have been reading me the phone book and I would have thought it was the best story ever, just because she was telling it an-