Ch. 31 - Come On Eileen

Come On Eileen - Dexys Midnight Runners 

"At this moment, you mean everything. You in that dress, my thoughts I confess, Verge on dirty, ah, come on Eileen."

--

Y/N's POV

I am getting ready for the party with Lizzie helping me out.

"Hold still." Lizzie says as she keeps applying some kind of make-up to my eyes. I understand the bare basics of make-up. Enough to make myself look presentable, but it always comes out looking very natural. Normally, that's what I like, but not for an event like this. Thank God Lizzie knows what she's doing.

"I'm trying, Liz, but it feels like you're trying to poke my eye out."

"You're being dramatic."

I roll my eyes slightly as Lizzie leans back to admire her work.

She smiles at the product and says "Looks great." She gets up to rummage around through her closet. She is thankfully letting me wear something of hers because I definitely did not bring anything fancy. Lizzie is humming to herself as she grabs onto various clothing items and looks back and forth from me to the fabric.

"Are you a suit person, or a dress person?" She asks curiously.

I tilt my head in thought. Like I've said before, I've always wanted to wear a suit. I've always thought I would look so damn good in one, but I never felt supported in that decision in my previous relationship.

Hesitantly, I shrugged and said "Uh, both? I kind of want to try a suit though... only if you have one and it's okay with you. I don't want to -"

"Hey," Lizzie stops me with a concerned expression. "Why are you rambling?"

I let out a deep breath and dipped my head to look at my feet. "I don't know. I've always wanted to wear one but Kevin didn't like it. Always said it wouldn't look right if we both wore one." I looked back up to see Lizzie's reaction. Her jaw was tense, her hands were flexing and she was looking at the wall next to us.

Finding what she wanted to say, She looked back at me and put her hands on my shoulders.

"You're wearing a fucking suit tonight. One of my suits. You're going to be confident, you're going to look fine as hell, and you're going to be your most authentic-self. Capeesh?" She said seriously and added a genuine smile at the end.

I smiled back with glossy eyes and nodded my head. "Capoosh."

"Now come over here and let's pick something out." She said, grabbing my hand and leading me to the closet.

After trying on a couple of suits that didn't quite fit right, Lizzie handed me a suit jacket that was the most beautiful shade of dark green I had ever seen. I took it carefully, admiring how the fabric felt in my hand.

"Um, that one is actually supposed to be worn without a shirt underneath..."

I looked back up at Lizzie with raised eyebrows. "Come again?"

She slowly shrugged her shoulders as she added "...or a bra."

I looked at her with wide eyes "What if an apple rolls out of the bag, Lizzie? And what about these hickies"

Lizzie burst into laughter at the comment and held her stomach in response.

I was being dead ass serious. I don't want a tittie flying out in front of a bunch of celebrities.

Lizzie, finally calming down and sensing I was serious tries to reassure me, "Y/N, that won't happen," She says still laughing "This is how the suit is literally made to be worn. And it was made for women. You'll be okay. We'll use some fashion tape just to be extra sure though. Also, your hickies are definitely not as bad as mine so thanks for that. Some make-up will cover everything and no one will know the difference. Trust me." She says, effectively calming my nerves. She's right. I'll be fine.