Ch. 13 - Last Kiss

Last Kiss - Taylor Swift

"... you can plan for a change in the weather and time, but I never planned on you changing your mind."

--

Lizzie's POV

We got off of the plane and stepped into the LAX airport. I, strangely, felt relieved to be here. This was home.

Well, not the airport, but you know what I mean.

We grabbed our luggage and made our way to the exit. I could see Alfred, my driver, waiting outside by the car already. We made our way over to him and handed him our luggage so he could put the bags in the trunk, thanking him as we did. I could see him struggle to pick up Aubrey's big ass suitcase and it reminded me of how Y/N struggled only hours before. The thought made me smile as I got into the backseat.

I pulled my phone out of the back of my jeans and checked the messaging app. Still no reply from Y/N... and my text was sent about 6 hours ago. The realization made my eyebrows furrow in thought as I grew slightly worried. I decided to send her another one.

Me: Hey, Y/N. Everything okay? I haven't heard from you so I'm just checking in. Also, we landed, safe and sound, back in LA.

I sent the message then closed my phone and put it back in my lap. About ten minutes into the ride, I felt my phone vibrate and checked it immediately, kind of embarrassed about how quickly I did it. I saw her name on my screen and opened the text.

Y/N: Hey, Liz. Sorry about the late response but I've had kind of a weird morning/day.

Her response makes me tighten my face in curiosity. What happened after we parted?

Me: Everything okay?

Y/N: Yeah, I think so. Uh, Kevin was home when I got to the apartment so my mind is a little all over the place.

My heart sinks a little when I read that text. I wish I could be there with her to help her with whatever she needs.

Me: Oh, wow. Are you okay?

Y/N: I think so? I'm not really sure. We talked but he left a while ago and we didn't really solve anything.

Me: I'm so sorry. What are you doing now?

Y/N: I've kind of been staring at the ceiling for the past hour.

Ugh, I hate that she's going through this alone. I wish there was something I could do to lift her spirits. I could send her something, but I don't know where she lives so that rules that out. I'm at a loss.

Me: I wish there was something I could do. I don't like that you're by yourself. Do you have someone you could call to come over?

Y/N: I do, but it's okay, I'm a big girl. I kind of want to be alone right now anyways, but I can take care of myself. Thank you for caring about me though, Liz. Maybe if you're okay with it, I could call you later? I'm going to take a nap right now.

Me: Yeah of course, Y/N, whatever you need. Have a good nap and I'll talk to you later okay?

Y/N: Thank you. You're the best.

Me: Don't forget it;)

Y/N's POV - 6 Hours Earlier

"Kevin?"

"...Hey. Sorry I didn't call to let you know I was coming."

"Uh, it's fine. You live here too."