Ch. 36 - When The Night Is Over

When The Night Is Over - Lord Huron

"In every window, I pass. Your reflection in the glass, Makes me wonder if my mind is going."

--

Y/N's POV

It's been a few days since I first saw Melanie. I've talked to Lizzie here and there, but not about anything I should have. I know I'm shutting her out right now, but I can't help it. I also know it's unhealthy. I'm very aware of that actually since Taylor, Mila and Melanie all tell me so. I feel bad about how I'm handling things with her but I just feel like she could do so much better than me and doesn't deserve to have to handle my baggage.

It's currently Saturday afternoon and I've been hanging out with myself, just being with me. For once, I don't feel suffocated by this apartment. However, I know I still need to look into moving, or redecorating. I'm just not sure where or when.

I am jolted upright when I hear a knock on my door. Frowning in confusion, I sit up and shuffle over to the door and look out of the peep hole only to find Evan waiting impatiently on the other side.

I opened the door with a big smile on my face and was immediately tackled in a huge bear hug.

"Sup, sis?! I feel like I haven't seen you in forever!"

I laughed in response as I took comfort in his embrace. "I know, I know."

He set me down and gave me a once over, then he let his eyes drift around the apartment. His smile faltered as he saw the state of things. There were dishes piling up in the sink as well as various beer and soda cans.

"Sheesh, Y/N. We gotta clean this place up."

"I know, I'm starting to come around but this past week I've been in a bad place."

He looked back at me reassuringly and squeezed my shoulders lovingly. "It's okay to not be okay. You know that right?"

"Yeah, I do. Thanks, Evan."

"No problem," He flashed me his toothy grin and handed me a sandwich that I didn't even realize he brought in, so we went to the couch with some water and began eating.

"So, you're LA trip was pretty eventful." He said, wiggling his eyebrows at me.

I laughed at him and playfully shoved his shoulder. "You could definitely say that." I said as I took a bite of my sandwich.

"So, did you guys fuck?"

Choking on my half chewed bite, I took a swig of water and finally washed down what was lodged in my throat. "Are you serious?" I looked at him with wide eyes.

"I'll take that as a yes." He said smirking and taking a bite of his sub.

I just smiled back, not giving anything away and took another bite. We sat there in a comfotable silence for a little while until I spoke up again "... it was really fucking good." I revealed, smirking. It was probably weird to tell my brother that, but we were really close so I didn't care.

His eyes widened and he practically yelled in response "HA! I fucking knew it!! I can't believe that happened to you holy shit, Y/N!" He was practically shaking my shoulders and jumping up and down on my couch at this point.

I proceeded to tell him about the trip, leaving out the dirtier bits, and watched as he fangirled over the events.

"Y/N..."

"What?"

"You went to Scarlett fucking Johansson's house?!"

"...Uh, yes?"