Four

The next morning, I stood in front of my large bedroom window. As much as I hated being stuck here, the view was absolutely breathtaking. This was the highest elevation I had ever been in my life, I could see the entire kingdom and the forest behind it. As hard as I tried, I couldn't make out my family's bakery. It was too far and the buildings overlapped each other, making it nearly impossible to see.

There was a small knock on my door, forcing me to break my gaze. I turned slowly, watching as Olesia walked into my room pushing her cart.

After my encounter with the prince yesterday evening, I haven't left my room. My head was constantly pounding, and I couldn't think straight. I had so many unanswered questions and concerns.

"Good morning," Olesia chimed. "I brought you some breakfast." I watched as she poured me a cup of tea and grabbed a plate of biscuits from the top of her cart. She walked over to my bedside table and sat them there neatly.

My stomach rumbled, I haven't eaten much in the past two days. She brought me dinner last night but I couldn't muster up an appetite. I left the dishes right where she placed them, untouched. She must have come sometime during the night to clean them up because they were gone when I woke.

I walked over to the table, thanking her as I popped a biscuit into my mouth. It was delicious, not as good as the ones my mother can make, but it was close enough.

Olesia walked to her cart, bending down to grab something from the bottom compartment. She pulled out a set of gowns, taking them and spreading them on the bed for me. "I was unsure of your measurements, but I think these will do. Feel free to do what you want with them." She stated kindly. Her smile dropped as she stared at me, "Oh, once you change I can dispose of that dress for you." her finger pointed to my dress.

Taking a bite of another biscuit I shook my head at her. I swallowed, reaching over and taking a sip of tea. I almost forgot I was still wearing the same dress I came here in. "This is my mothers, I'd like to keep it if possible."

Olesia gave me a fake smile, "right, that's fine, I'll just hang it in the wardrobe for the time being."

I stood up, looking at the selection of dresses she laid on my bed. They were beautiful and the stitching was immaculate. They all varied in color with heavy embroidery running up the sides of the dresses. I picked out a purple dress with gold stitching, the sleeves were long and made of lace, and the skirt looked like it would stop mid-knee. I'd never worn a dress like this.

"Let's get you cleaned up before you change, I can show you where the bathhouse is and we'll go from there," Olesia said with a smile.

I began to wonder if her politeness was genuine or a part of her job description. 

I took in what she just said, a bathhouse? At home we just heated the water and threw it into a tub, taking turns individually bathing until it ran cold.

She lead me from my room and down two flights of stairs, abandoning her cart momentarily. Once we stepped out of the stairway, it was then I realized that we were on the main floor, and my room was located on the second. We walked down the hallway, passing paintings and closed doors. Eventually, we walked past a doorway with a large open door. As we walked by my eyes peaked inside, making me realize that I had just passed the grand ballroom that I was in a few days before. The room was now empty, the front door of the castle was closed, and the throne chair was vacant.

I kept walking with Olesia as she turned down a few hallways. We passed by servants and guards who never seemed to look at us. At last, we approached a giant double door, she pushed it open, steam rippling into the hallway to reveal an enormous bathhouse.