Thirteen

Anger

I had been taken from my home, my castle, my kingdom.

I looked around, being surrounded by miles of trees. Where was I?

I looked down, spotting a group of women witches.

They started at me with wide pleading eyes. I gave them no room for sympathy.

"Why am I here," my voice boomed, shaking the trees among us and scattering small wildlife.

I was in the upper realm, a place I rarely visited.

They all flinched, looking up at me. My shadows swirled around my feet, twisting around the bright green grass.

"W-we n-need your h-help," one of them stuttered.

I was furious, furious as to why they thought they could call me here.

My shadows rippled in front of me, reaching out to circle the group of women.

"I do not help anyone who wishes to summon me command me. My place is not in this realm." I shouted. Hard thick breaths escaped from my nostrils.

"Please," one of them pleaded.

The sounds of their cries fueled my anger. I commanded my shadows to them, swirling around their bodies to submerge them in darkness. I snapped my fingers, causing a few of them to disintegrate into a bloody mist.

Three of them now stood, eyes begging for mercy.

"They're killing our kind," the one in the middle said. My shadows barely touched her, as if she were a repellent to them.

"Do you not know who I am? I do not care for witches, reach out to your goddess masters."

"We've tried everything, they do not speak to us," another said.

I was growing angrier and angrier by the moment. This was an enormous waste of my time.

I looked behind me, a void opened back to my realm. I only had moments before dark spirits would start to escape and wander freely in this world. I might let them stay as a consequence of calling me here. Whatever monsters slip through are the mortal's problem now.

I clasped my hand, tightening my shadows around them, getting ready to suffocate them with darkness.

"This is not my problem," I responded, turning to the door to my realm, the tear between worlds.

"If you do not help us, I will curse you till the end of time. This is a call for mercy, our last hope," The middle witch said.

Out of anger, I misted the other two. They didn't even get a chance to scream for help before their existence became nothing more but a memory in time.

I growled as a few spirits from my realm wisped past me, taking off in different directions through the woods.

"You're wasting your time and mine, witch." I raised my hand, getting ready to end her.

She stared at me with wild eyes, like she wasn't scared of my power.

"If you kill me a curse will be set on you," the witch warned.

"I will not be intimidated by anyone," I stated, waving my hand in the air, a simple command to my shadows.

I watched as they took her, squeezing her, I heard the life escape from her body.