Twenty four

"He knows what answers?" I asked into the dark open room. It felt like the spirits were in a bad mood today, I would do anything for them to be more straightforward with me. The atmosphere felt tenser and darker than before. 

The witch spirits laughed, making me slightly clench my jaw. 

My magic was draining from me, but I could still hold the connection a little longer. I had definitely established my magic more than I had originally thought. The skin of my left arm was burning, like whatever this place was, whatever magic held this connection rejected the ink on my skin. The only reasoning I could think of was because it was linked to Harry. 

"Please, give me some guidance," I pleaded with them once more, "What answers does he know?" 

The spirits laughed yet again. 

Foolish, foolish girl.

You must not be deceived by the snake that lays so lowly in the grass.

He knows the answers to the thing you seek the most.

I was starting to feel angered by them. Why talk in riddles and not give me clean answers? I wanted to know what they were talking about. What could he possibly know? Everything I've asked him about he's told me he doesn't have answers to.

I groaned, causing a few of the spirits to spur. "Can you be more clear?"

We must not mess with the fates. 

We could not see it before, but it is clear now.

There is a path for you that you must go down. 

"What fates? What path?" I asked, feeling even more frustrated when they chose to ignore me again.

I decided the switch the topic, I initially came here to ask them about something else. "Are there any spellbook that could help me?"

It felt as if the spirits paused and whispered to themselves. 

Yes, but we feel as if you know this already. 

Go retrieve them.

They will help you on your journey.

It was then I felt a warm hand wrap around my shoulder. The magic around the hand made the spirits to recoil quickly, causing the connection to sever. Light invaded my eyesight, making me squint my eyes together as I wobbled blindly. Coming back into reality felt like a ton of bricks. My magic had nearly been drained, making me feel weaker than normal. I tried catching my step, but I bumped into a hard, solid chest. 

The person steadied me and I didn't pull away as I rubbed my eyes together. Goddess curse the sun for being so bright.

"What are you doing?!" Harry's breath hit the top of my head. The smell of him, the warm aroma of scents that constantly swirled on his skin. It was then I realized who I was standing against, who had come to sever my connection. 

I blinked, stepping away as my vision started to clear. I looked up at him, trying to balance myself. His arms reached out, grabbing each of my shoulders to balance me. His green eyes were ablaze, his nostrils flared, and his jaw tightened. 

"I—"  I stared at him. My brain was working hard to piece things together, to come back to this reality. "Why did you break my connection?" frustration coursed through my bones. 

"Jesus Nuray," Harry huffed, "My entire body was burning. I couldn't figure out why, I couldn't use our bond to find you, I couldn't talk to you. Something felt wrong, I thought you were hurt."